Members Bios - please contribute yours

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Re: Members Bios - please contribute yours

Postby Dan74 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:11 pm

What a bunch of incredibly colourful life-stories! There is surely a rich tapestry of human condition right here on Dhamma Wheel.

Thank you for contributing. :bow: :bow: :bow:
_/|\_
Dan74

Postby peterdac » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:13 am

Greetings Dhammawheelers,

Started off with Hatha yoga, circa 1964, discovered Theravada chatting to strangers in a pub. Found my way to first teacher Kapilavadho, in 1970; at Dhammapadipa, the English Sangha Trust, Hampstead, London, UK. Knowing nothing about it at all, even pronounced it wrong. But got off to an excellent start, standing me in good stead ever since.

Spent 10 years in the Achaan Cha lineage '77 to '89. Next 14 years carried on alone, with mixed results. Finally, 2003, deciding to go to Luang Ta Maha Boowa, Wat Pa Baan Taad, Issan, NE Thailand, before it was too late, LuangTa was 90, and Luang Pow Punya was 80, I was 60.

Having completed ten years here, am contemplating a return to UK. Have no idea what I'll find there, but your Sangha will make an enormous difference. Sharing Dhamma with good friends is the whole of the holy life, it's the only way to continue developing clarity. Am enormously impressed with the candid honesty of these intro posts: there's no hope of development on this path without it.

Being dyslexic and thus not very scholastic, hope to benefit from developing familiarity with the usage of scriptural terminology in its various contexts.
:namaste:
Peterdac
Last edited by peterdac on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
peterdac

Postby rowboat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 am

Welcome to DhammaWheel, Peterdac!

:anjali:
Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5
rowboat

Postby jagodage » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:38 am

I am a newly join member.I really enjoyed reading threads.These help me to rectify my Dhamma path.

My name is Siripala Jagodage. I lives in Kadawtha,In Sri Lanka.I am born to a Buddhist parents.Hence I was Buddhist by tradition.The real Buddhism I understand through by reading books and investigation .The books I read were by Francis Story,Ajahan Cha,Ajahan Brahamawanso, S R Goenka jee,Joshp Goldstein,Ekhart Tolle, Depa Matha,Bhante H Gunarathne,Bhante Nauyne Ariyadhamma only to mention few.I offer my sincere gratitude to all of them in opening my Dhamma eyes.

Now I am 67 years old.I started my serious Dhamma study about 20 yrs back.I now fathom the Maha Metta,Karuna,Muditha and Uppeka the Great Loard Gutama Buddha had on humble creatures like us.It is unequal.It is because of Maha Karuna of Sumeda at Great Buddha Deepankara that we were able to tread the path of Nirwana.

I believe that using prevailing Dhamma we can achieve at least the 1sT step of the path within this life time.I wish that all Dhamma wheelers strive for this goal, if not for 2,3 or Final Goal.

May all be Happy.

Jagoda

images/smilies/anjali.gif
jagodage

Postby martinfrank » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:07 am

jagodage wrote:I am a newly join member.I really enjoyed reading threads.These help me to rectify my Dhamma path.

My name is Siripala Jagodage. I lives in Kadawtha,In Sri Lanka.I am born to a Buddhist parents.Hence I was Buddhist by tradition.The real Buddhism I understand through by reading books and investigation .The books I read were by Francis Story,Ajahan Cha,Ajahan Brahamawanso, S R Goenka jee,Joshp Goldstein,Ekhart Tolle, Depa Matha,Bhante H Gunarathne,Bhante Nauyne Ariyadhamma only to mention few.I offer my sincere gratitude to all of them in opening my Dhamma eyes.

Now I am 67 years old.I started my serious Dhamma study about 20 yrs back.I now fathom the Maha Metta,Karuna,Muditha and Uppeka the Great Loard Gutama Buddha had on humble creatures like us.It is unequal.It is because of Maha Karuna of Sumeda at Great Buddha Deepankara that we were able to tread the path of Nirwana.

I believe that using prevailing Dhamma we can achieve at least the 1sT step of the path within this life time.I wish that all Dhamma wheelers strive for this goal, if not for 2,3 or Final Goal.

May all be Happy.

Jagoda

http://dhammawheel.com/images/smilies/anjali.gif

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel Sri Jagoda!

I am 63 years old and understand how you feel. The good thing about being old is that we have the meditation objects "old age", "sickness" and "death" present. When we are young, we believe that we will do great things in the future. Now, that we are old we understand that we have to act now or it will be to late (for this life).

May you and all beings be happy!

Martin
The Noble Eightfold Path: Proposed to all, imposed on none.
martinfrank

Postby jagodage » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:32 am

Thanks for comments.It is part and parcel of Bawa.Hence no worry.Since I started Dhamma investigation about 20yrs ago present is present.

Wish the blessing of Triple Gems
jagodage

Postby makotodhamma » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello,

I just became 28, from japan and I have been interested in buddhism for a long time. since when I was a little I was exposed to buddhism because of my family but I got interested from my own reasons. I was seeking philosophy in life and learned about different thoughts. Buddhism is philosophy more than religion. I learn from the bible sometimes because whatever they teach, if i agree to it and i think it can be added to my philosophy in life to make my life easier, i take it.

when i try to practice Buddhism way in life I notice many things don't really match real life. what it teaches me I should do, if i do it in real life, it seems to cause loss/harm in my life. I cannot keep giving things without intent of getting things in return.. in real life there are things you have to have, like money. and you can't keep giving offer to people. there seems to be collision with what they teach and real life.

also, not to get angry, and be patient and such. I think in asian countries, maybe it's more taken root in people's lives. but in European countries and in North/south america, maybe it's really hard. in those countries people speak up a lot and don't hold back their feelings. sorry if anyone gets offended, it's my mere generalization/assumption.

I hope to find answers I can agree.
makotodhamma

Previous

Return to Introductions