In Dhamma I take refuge most.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

In Dhamma I take refuge most.

Postby Ricardo da Silva » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 am

Dear friends and readers,

This article is my own writing. I am not very good in English writing but I try to write my veneration to the Dhamma of the Buddha.

My name is Ricardo da Silva. I live in Myanmar (Burma).
I am a Burmese descended from Portuguese ancestors.
I am a Theravada Buddhist. I take refuge in Tiratana. I take refuge in the Buddha, the Dhamma and the Sangha. But in these three refuges, I take refuge in the Dhamma most.

Why do I take refuge in the Dhamma more than the Buddha and the Sangha?

In these three refuges, the Dhamma is the most important. The Buddha is the person who realizes the Dhamma (esp the Four Noble Truths and Nibbana) without learning from any other person. Buddha realizes Ariya Dhamma by himself. Nobody taught Him what is Ariya Dhamma. The Sangha is the community of the noble persons who realize Ariya Dhamma or ,at least, still trying to realize Ariya Dhamma. Even Buddha and Sangha community venerate Dhamma. Buddha really treasures Dhamma. Sangha continuously safeguards Dhamma not to be extinct because extinction of Dhamma is extinction of Buddhism.

Since the Enlightenment of the Buddhahood, Buddha preached and taught His Ariya Dhamma to men and gods for 45 years, even when he was dying.
Buddha said "One who sees Dhamma sees me.One who sees me sees Dhamma."
The principles of Buddhism are called the "Dhamma," or truth, and involve using meditation to achieve enlightenment and wisdom.

In fact, Dhamma is the teachings of the Buddha. What the Buddha taught is the Dhamma. Buddha taught all living beings, including us, how to attain Nibbana. Buddha also taught how to attain Brahamahood or Deva-hood if you can't effort to attain Nibbana yet. Buddha taught how to avoid four apaya (lower) abodes, that is not to be reborn in one of these abodes. What I mean is Buddha taught not only the higher practises for the Bhikkhus, nuns and practising yogis but also the lower practises for the ordinary worldly people.

To be continued....
If a man does evil, he should not do it again and again; he should not take delight in it; the accumulation of evil leads to suffering. (Dhammapada 117)

If a man does what is good, he should do it again and again; he should take delight in it; the accumulation of good leads to happiness. (Dhammapada 118)
Ricardo da Silva

Re: In Dhamma I take refuge most.

Postby Ben » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:33 am

Mingala ba, Ricardo!
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
with Metta,

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Nice article!

:buddha2:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:30 am

Greetings Ricardo,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 am

Welcome Ricardo!

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby bodom » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 am

Welcome Ricardo!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby pilgrim » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Welcome, Ricardo..
when did your 1st Portuguese ancestor arrive in Yangon? Some settled in Malacca in the 16th century..
pilgrim

Return to Introductions