Hello, I'm here too

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello, I'm here too

Postby Placid-pool » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:25 am

Blessings be upon this site.

Some of you might know me from ES and other places.

I am yer token non-Buddhist who hangs around picking up knowledge and sometimes throwing in the odd comment, or making the tea and baking cakes.

Don't come to me with esoteric questions or philosophy but if you need a large sympathetic shoulder or a world of experience in the harder side of life ... I'm yer witch. Looking forward to this site - friendlier, softer, less abrasive?
Placid-pool

Re: Hello, I'm here too

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Welcome Placid Pool!
Its good to have you here!
There ain't nuthin' tokenistic about you!
Metta

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia
e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Placid-pool » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Ben wrote:Welcome Placid Pool!
Its good to have you here!
There ain't nuthin' tokenistic about you!
Metta

Ben

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK not "tokenistic" but maybe "tolkeinesque" ....

Well, I'm here if you need me ... which is a point - someone better show me where the kitchen is because there seems to be a severe lack of tea and home-made cookies on this site.
Placid-pool

Postby Cittasanto » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Placid-pool wrote:Blessings be upon this site.

Some of you might know me from ES and other places.

I am yer token non-Buddhist who hangs around picking up knowledge and sometimes throwing in the odd comment, or making the tea and baking cakes.

Don't come to me with esoteric questions or philosophy but if you need a large sympathetic shoulder or a world of experience in the harder side of life ... I'm yer witch. Looking forward to this site - friendlier, softer, less abrasive?

You mention cake, Where is the Cake??? :?

:lol:

Hi anyway
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Placid-pool » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Right .... everything in the kitchen seems to have been brought in second hand from somewhere else but I've got it all working now ............ so pile on in and help yourselves to a nice cup of tea and an oat cookie or slice of fruit cake (don't worry - virtual cake is calorie and allergen free!)

Now, I'm going to be in the corner in my rocking chair knitting if anyone wants to chat to me. Enjoy
Placid-pool

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Greetings Placid Pool,

Lovely to see you here. I hope we can fulfil your expectations for this site... we'll certainly do our best.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Introductions