Greetings from San Diego, California

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
yawares

Re: Greetings from San Diego, California

Post by yawares »

Dear Sambojjangha who likes forest wat,

3 days ago.. I was so happy to see the article/pictures of Bhikkhu Dick and his new temple in Virginia.Luangta Bua always praised Bhikkhu Dick, Bhikkhu Panya, Bhikkhu Sherry and Bhikkhu Martin when talking dhamma to people who came to his Wat Paa Baan Taad. I/Tep/Sirikanya will definitely donate money to help building Bhikkhu Dick's temple.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 376&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish this temple closer to my house so I/Tep could go often...Oh how far away ...Virginia and Texas.

I know I'll :heart: this FOREST DHAMMA MONASTERY...because I/my husband know Bhikkhu Dick personally..he's a true forest bhikkhu!!
yawares :anjali: :heart:
Sambojjhanga

Post by Sambojjhanga »

yawares wrote:Dear Sambojjangha who likes forest wat,

3 days ago.. I was so happy to see the article/pictures of Bhikkhu Dick and his new temple in Virginia.Luangta Bua always praised Bhikkhu Dick, Bhikkhu Panya, Bhikkhu Sherry and Bhikkhu Martin when talking dhamma to people who came to his Wat Paa Baan Taad. I/Tep/Sirikanya will definitely donate money to help building Bhikkhu Dick's temple.
What a beautiful new temple in Virginia! I love that part of the country. Very different than our forests and mountains out west, cold in the winter!

Some day, after my responsibilities as a householder have lightened a bit, I am hopeful to visit the many forest wats around the world. There are now so many in the US that I shall be busy here for awhile.

I still have yet to make my pilgrimage to Wat Metta, but I prepare myself for it daily :anjali:

Thank you so much for sending these very inspiring photos of the Sangha.

Metta

:anjali:
Sabba rasam dhammaraso jinati
The flavor of the dhamma exceeds all other flavors
yawares

Post by yawares »

What a beautiful new temple in Virginia! I love that part of the country. Very different than our forests and mountains out west, cold in the winter!

Some day, after my responsibilities as a householder have lightened a bit, I am hopeful to visit the many forest wats around the world. There are now so many in the US that I shall be busy here for awhile.

I still have yet to make my pilgrimage to Wat Metta, but I prepare myself for it daily :anjali:

Thank you so much for sending these very inspiring photos of the Sangha.

Metta

:anjali:[/quote]
Dear Sambojjhanga,

I'm so happy to see the pictures of Bhikkhu Dick/his wat/kutis....I can see that he's trying to make this wat to look like Thera Bua's Wat Paa Baan Taad....Thera Bua praised Bhikkhu Panya(an English monk, already passed away before Thera Bua) and especially Bhikkhu Dick whom he sent to tudong/stay in his wat at Petchaboon..to be alone in meditation...Bhikkhu Dick was tall/handsome that many rich ladies tried to get his attention....in the pictures, he's getting much older now....

Thanks for reading this news...I'm in Facebook with picture hoping my airline friends/college friends will see my picture and contact me...so far I have dhamma friend who meditated in the same kuti at Wat Paa Baan Taad with me years ago...see my picture/posted the news...but lots of my husband's friends contact us after seeing our picture..we left Thailand when our daughter was 8 months old.

Because of my airline adventure in Osaka/Kobe..my daughter chose to station in Misawa,Japan (Airforce Base) for 3 years..now she's in Viva Las Vegas.

You're so lucky to live near Wat Metta :heart: ..I/Tep truly respect Bhikkhu Thanissaro :anjali:
yawares