Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Greetings from Romania, a land where the Dhamma is rarely heard or spoken, thus the internet is a blessing.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:37 pm
- Location: Romania
Glad you could join us.
Four types of letting go:
1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things
- Ajahn Brahm
- Posts: 762
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 4:05 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
Greetings and welcome to Dhamma Wheel, ciprian!
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)'We should not congratulate someone on the success of their misdeeds, but on the contrary should endeavour to advise him or her to lead a more skilful and wholesome life. If such advice is ignored then we can only give up and let go' - Phra PanyapatipoDharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum)
- Posts: 13633
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Welcome Ciprian, welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14453
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
- Location: Toarra.marra.monah
hi and Welcome,
hope you find the site useful, and hope to see you about
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog - Some Suttas Translated.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
- Posts: 5496
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 pm
- Location: Ellan Vannin (Isle of Man - not part of the UK)
Welcome, always happy to see new members.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 am
Return to Introductions
Who is online
Registered users: Awarewolf, Ben, bga, Bing [Bot], Bonsai Doug, Google [Bot], greggorious, Hickersonia, Kamran, Lazy_eye, mettafuture, onaquest, STM