Just looking for help...

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Just looking for help...

Postby AmyLoo2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:57 am

I don't know if this is inappropriate, and I apologize if anyone finds my post offensive as I am just looking for some help.

My name is Amy! I am currently taking an Intro to World Religions class in college. For my class, I am required to write a final paper about two world religions. The two religions I have chosen are Buddhism and Christianity. For this paper I am to compare two specific aspects of the two religions and also conduct an interview from a person from each religion. I am asking anyone who happens to read this for their help. I need someone to interview for the Buddhist portion of my paper. For information purposes I will post both the thesis of my paper, and what is required by my professor for the interview below.

My thesis statement: In this paper the use of symbols and ideas of the afterlife are compared and contrasted in the religious context of both Buddhism and Christianity.

The interview requirements: The interview (in person, phone, or email) of an active member of each of the two religions documenting their personal involvement/understanding of each of the two characteristics and whether their personal beliefs correspond to formal religious doctrine must be documented and included in your final paper.

-I would also like to mention that I understand that in Buddhism there is no "afterlife" but I am just using the term loosely to describe heaven/hell in Christianity and reincarnation in Buddhism.

I would like to extend my thanks in advance for anyone who even reads this, and even more thanks to anyone willing to help. I can provide my email address to anyone willing to help me.

Amy
AmyLoo2

Re: Just looking for help...

Postby Ben » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 am

I'm willing to help.
Feel free to send me a personal message and well get the ball rolling.
Kind regards,
Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Re: Just looking for help...

Postby Hickersonia » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 am

If you need (or want) multiple perspectives, I'm game too.

Please be well, friend! :anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
Hickersonia

Return to Introductions