Thank you Dhamma Wheel!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
ArkA

Thank you Dhamma Wheel!

Post by ArkA »

Well, this is a belated hi as I found the Introductions section today.

I got my Buddhist roots from my Sri Lankan mother :anjali:, and I'm glad that contrary to the majority, as a young girl she gulped the original Buddhism rather than the popular Buddhism and its fancies. Also, thank to God ;), my father is an American atheist. As youngsters me and my one and only lovely sister spent time meditating in Sri Lanka during holidays, my parents real estate there provides the peaceful and secluded environment.

Regardless of the glamour and luxury which is possible to enjoy as a layperson (my parents are entrepreneurs), since young time I had a dream to renounce the lay life and to live a more simpler and a free one. So with my family's blessings and under one condition I received ordination and higher ordination from a sect in Sri Lanka. The one condition that I agreed is to live in the estates (either in Sri Lanka or in the States) which belongs to them where they build kutis (hut) for me away from noises and other unnecessary stuff. They provide me the necessary requisites and the seclusion for my retreats which is a relief away from monastic politics and disturbances.

My sister also decided to live single dividing her time between parents companies and meditation. She is much stronger lady with a big heart and not stubborn as me ;), so she can manage both.

I guess that's suffice. I also wish to thank to those who responsible for Dhamma Wheel!
I'll restart my yearlong meditation retreat on 15th June 2014, hence will not be here.

"Bhikkhus, there are these three things that shine when exposed, not when concealed. What three? (1) The moon. (2) The sun. (3) The Dhamma and discipline proclaimed by the Tathagata."
- Anguttara Nikaya, 3.131, Paticchanna Sutta

"Silence is the language of God; all else is poor translation."
– Rumi

Introduction: http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20572
TheNoBSBuddhist

Re: Thank you Dhamma Wheel!

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

Lovely post.
A belated hello, so a belated welcome, but just as heartfelt, for all that!

:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

And thanks for that bio information! Interesting and mudita on your good kamma to have such opportunities.

So are you a bhikkhu now?
ArkA

Post by ArkA »

David N. Snyder wrote:Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

And thanks for that bio information! Interesting and mudita on your good kamma to have such opportunities.

So are you a bhikkhu now?
That's very kind of you, TheNoBSBuddhist and David N. Snyder.

Yes, I'm a bhikkhu, a good and also a stubborn one, as my mom says :)
I'll restart my yearlong meditation retreat on 15th June 2014, hence will not be here.

"Bhikkhus, there are these three things that shine when exposed, not when concealed. What three? (1) The moon. (2) The sun. (3) The Dhamma and discipline proclaimed by the Tathagata."

– Rumi

Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Welcome. :namaste:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome to DhammaWheel! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

DELETED
Last edited by Ryan on Mon May 12, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArkA

Post by ArkA »

Thank you Virgo, bodom, cooran, and Ryan the free-living soul. :)

– Rumi