Hi - New to Buddhism - Spiritual help needed urgently

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hi - New to Buddhism - Spiritual help needed urgently

Postby kevinmcgeever » Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi,

I met a monk in a gay bar who was previously a member of the FWBO. For 8 months I was psychically driven, I experienced psychosis, schizophrenia and now I am losing my memory and intelligence. From dreams/ voices etc it's clear this is directed by a group of people. Is this something I can get help with or am I being assaulted by a larger organisation?

I'm just looking to continue my life in a non schizophrenic non Dark Zenish manner.
Last edited by kevinmcgeever on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinmcgeever

Re: Hi - New to Buddhism - Spiritual help needed urgently

Postby culaavuso » Wed May 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Seeking qualified mental health services could be advantageous.

Terms of Service wrote:Dhamma Wheel is for the exploration and discussion of the Dhamma. While the aim of the Dhamma is to provide a path to the end of suffering, members of Dhamma Wheel are not qualified to deal with acute episodes of mental illness of another, as expressed on a discussion forum. The Administrators and Moderators of Dhamma Wheel request your compliance with regards to the following guidelines which is designed for the benefit of all:

-- Members who are suffering a serious mental illness should seek diagnosis and treatment from a qualified medical professional within their community. Members who are suffering from an acute phase of a mental illness, including intention to self harm and/or suicidal should seek immediate assistance. http://www.befrienders.org/index.asp
-- Members who are experiencing an acute phase of mental illness or suicidal ideation welcome to seek referral to medical and crisis services from administrators and moderators.
-- Members are asked not to use Dhamma Wheel as a platform to express intentions of self harm or suicide, the experience of voices or other hallucinations or other artefacts of acute mental illness.
-- When encountering a member suffering an acute episode of a mental illness, we should treat that member with compassion and refer that member to medical/emergency services within that person's community and to Dhamma Wheel staff.
culaavuso

Postby Mkoll » Wed May 28, 2014 9:28 pm

culaavuso wrote:Seeking qualified mental health services could be advantageous.

Terms of Service wrote:Dhamma Wheel is for the exploration and discussion of the Dhamma. While the aim of the Dhamma is to provide a path to the end of suffering, members of Dhamma Wheel are not qualified to deal with acute episodes of mental illness of another, as expressed on a discussion forum. The Administrators and Moderators of Dhamma Wheel request your compliance with regards to the following guidelines which is designed for the benefit of all:

-- Members who are suffering a serious mental illness should seek diagnosis and treatment from a qualified medical professional within their community. Members who are suffering from an acute phase of a mental illness, including intention to self harm and/or suicidal should seek immediate assistance. http://www.befrienders.org/index.asp
-- Members who are experiencing an acute phase of mental illness or suicidal ideation welcome to seek referral to medical and crisis services from administrators and moderators.
-- Members are asked not to use Dhamma Wheel as a platform to express intentions of self harm or suicide, the experience of voices or other hallucinations or other artefacts of acute mental illness.
-- When encountering a member suffering an acute episode of a mental illness, we should treat that member with compassion and refer that member to medical/emergency services within that person's community and to Dhamma Wheel staff.

:goodpost:
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby waterchan » Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 pm

I suggest you consider seeking help from a therapist. No one is capable of magically "assaulting" your mind as you think. Not even the FWBO :tongue:
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
waterchan

Postby purple planet » Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 pm

you should contact qualified mental health services to help you - good luck :D :twothumbsup: :hug:
Last edited by purple planet on Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please send merit to my dog named Mika who has passed away - thanks in advance
purple planet

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 pm

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Yes, good advice above; seek a professional therapist.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Wed May 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Go immediately to your family doctor and report these symptoms.
Derek

Postby kevinmcgeever » Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 am

lol
kevinmcgeever

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Sat May 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Why 'lol'....?
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby kevinmcgeever » Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm

I'm not sure if it's more sensible to be possessed in a clinical facility or elsewhere.

Currently I'm stable, don't want to tempt anyone.
kevinmcgeever

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Sat May 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Please don't mistake the advice everyone has given you, for not being caring.

People here DO care - a tremendous amount.
They are kind, compassionate and supportive.

But all too often, well-meant advice, on an internet forum, can be either misguided or dreadfully inaccurate....

Nobody here wants to turn you away. But we know from experience, how potentially damaging well-meaning advice can be....

You are very welcome here.
But the primary responsibility of doing the very best for you lies with you.

we can support all we can, but the practical steps are for you to engineer.

With much Metta.

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
TheNoBSBuddhist

Return to Introductions