greetings to everyone

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Re: greetings to everyone

Postby pink_trike » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi Bante,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel. :smile:
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Postby Khemadhammo Bhikkhu » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Manapa wrote:Hi Bhante!
Welcome to dhamma Wheel! :anjali:

maybe you have some thoughts on the training which you could share here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2216&start=40 if you would be so kind, it isn't a specifically training orientated thread but certainly wouldn't be outside of the intention of the thread.

but on a side note I need to learn another language all these perfect non-native english speakers and writers are giving me an inferiority complex (or should I focus on my English ability first??? :juggling: :tongue: )

hope to speak to you on occassion

Thanks for the welcome. My english is not the same as a native, but i can manage. i'd say my dutch has gotten worse, these days, since i don't use it much... The thread you're linking to looks quite interesting. So you are at Amavarati now?
He stopped and called out to the Blessed One: "Stop, recluse! Stop, recluse!"
"I have stopped, Angulimāla, you stop too."
(M ii.100)
http://www.meditationthai.org
Khemadhammo Bhikkhu

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am

Khemadhammo Bhikkhu wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. My english is not the same as a native, but i can manage. i'd say my dutch has gotten worse, these days, since i don't use it much... The thread you're linking to looks quite interesting. So you are at Amavarati now?

Hi Bhante,
It is my experiance (or others as the case is) that our grasp of our native language is loosened the longer we don't use it, I know a German fella whos english is as perfect as anyones, and obviously can still speak German, but he noticed that when he had to write something in German he had to send it to a friend of his to correct it, as it was next to illegible, and most of the people I know who are foreners to Briton, have either perfect or it is so good you wouldn't really notice every mistake when they speak, I honestly think it is true what the saying says 'the world speaks English because the engish cant speak to the world' and the old holiday habit of if at first they don't understand say it lounder untill they do is quite apt.
Unfortunately not yet, I will be at Amaravati on the 24th of October for a max of 3 weeks, but definately one week at least, but living it has been interesting so I am glad the thread is also :smile:
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Khemadhammo Bhikkhu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Thank you for all your welcomes. I am happy to be part of this discussion group, which I notice has a very conducive atmosphere for the study of the Dhamma!

"Sukhā saṇkassa sāmaggī
Pleasant is unity in the Community"
He stopped and called out to the Blessed One: "Stop, recluse! Stop, recluse!"
"I have stopped, Angulimāla, you stop too."
(M ii.100)
http://www.meditationthai.org
Khemadhammo Bhikkhu

Previous

Return to Introductions