Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Chandaka

Hello

Post by Chandaka »

Hello everyone. I hope that everyone is doing good. I just wanted to introduce myself to Dhamma Wheel. I hope to learn a lot.
retrofuturist

Re: Hello

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Chandaka,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

Chandaka wrote:Hello everyone. I hope that everyone is doing good. I just wanted to introduce myself to Dhamma Wheel. I hope to learn a lot.
Welcome, Chandaka!

I really like it when people greet others with "I hope you are doing good" and not "I hope that you are feeling well". Doing good kamma is more important than how we happen to be feeling right now.

Here in the UK, very often instead of the standard greeting "How are you?" (which I don't quite like either), they say "Are you okay?" or "Are you alright?". A much better question would be "Are you doing good [things]?" because it is not so important how we feel at present (which is up and down all the time.. and what are we supposed to say when we're not?), which we can't do much about anyway, and takes the focus off of what is important: namely, to do what is good and avoid what is bad in the present moment so that we feel better the next.

Anyway, this is said with a light tone, not to be taken too seriously, but I do wish society didn't place such emphasis on the quality of feelings, but rather - on the quality of actions.

Anyway, I am doing good, and I also hope that you are doing good, too!

Have fun doing good on this forum, too! Many good people here.

:smile:
Chandaka

Post by Chandaka »

Nice to meet you retrofuturist, bodum, David, and Sumano...and yes, I am doing good, too.