hi

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

hi

Postby altar » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:40 am

Hi all,
My name is Zack and I am sort of a misplaced Buddhist at the moment. I'm in Cuttingsville, Vermont, which is near Rutland (though soon I may be moving to New York.) Does anyone know of any temples around Rutland? Theravada would be nice, but anything would be okay. Has anyone maybe been to a place they can vouch for in the area? Otherwise just point me to an address, phone number, or website.
from,
Zack
Btw I'm 22, and I'm originally from New Jersey, where I lived most of my life.
altar

Re: hi

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:11 am

Greetings Altar,

Can't help with your questions, but welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby phil » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:28 am

Hi Zack

Welcome! I grew up in Montreal, so have lots of fond memories of skiing in Vermont. I think you're lucky to live in an environment like that! But remember, it is the result of kamma, have to be grateful and careful not to squander the well-earned environment! Is it easy for you to avoid getting sucked up into wild weekends in Montreal in Summer???? I've got a lot to pay from my Montreal days.... :roll:

Metta,

Phil
Kammalakkhano , bhikkhave, bālo, kammalakkhano pandito, apadānasobhanī paññāti
(The fool is characterized by his/her actions/the wise one is characterized by his/her actions/Wisdom shines forth in behaviour.)
(AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta)
phil

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Zack,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Here are some temples / centers in Vermont, but it is by no means a complete list. I am sure there are others:

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... ry:Vermont
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Introductions