Hello from South Carolina

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello from South Carolina

Postby copestattic » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:42 pm

I struggle with short temper, stress and worry. It's hard for me to separate reaction from reality and to not worry about various problems whether I can do anything about them or not. It's a continuous conscious effort but Buddhism has helped immensely and I think talking with more experienced people will help even more. After being on the site for only a few minutes I already found answers to some of my questions!
copestattic

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Postby bodom » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome copestattic!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby OcTavO » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Hello Copestattic. :hello:
OcTavO

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 am

Greetings copestattic,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Introductions