Hi From Manapa

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hi From Manapa

Postby Cittasanto » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 pm

Just like to thank Dhammanando Bhikkhu for pointing out this group to me on Facebook! and to the Administrators for Creating the Group!

Not to Much I can Say about me except I am Manx, Live in Scotland, and Favour the Practice as taught by Ajahn Chah, through Ajahn Khemadhammo of the Forest Hermitage in the UK

My name on the net is a rough translation to pali of my actual name and am an entheusiastic Layman of the practice!

hope to make many friends here and if not be of use at least recieve some help ;D

I have just finished a draft of notes but being called a sort of commentary on the Satipatthana Sutta

With Metta
Manapa
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Re: Hi From Manapa

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Greetings again and welcome!

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Fede » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Hi manapa, nice to meet you!

Retro, does this mean the Lotus Cafe is now closed and we get coffee here only? ;)
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/
Fede

Postby Cittasanto » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 pm

COFFEE!
I only drink Orange Mocha Latte Frappichinos :lol: (OK a reference to Zoolander)

and Hi Again! I'll post a link to to the "commentary" I done on the same section shortly save swapping between the two rooms!
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 pm

I like your signature line, but what about the middle?!!

Just messin with ya.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:30 pm

TheDhamma wrote:I like your signature line, but what about the middle?!!

Just messin with ya.

DAMN right need a Orange Mocha Latte Frappichino and some gaffa tape to sort this mess out now!
:lol:
Where are the scissors to cut the signature up?
:lol:
Cittasanto

Hi From Manapa who is Now Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 am

Suppose I should re-introduce myself considering the recent Name change.

I was Manapa as the thread is originally called, and have been an Anagarika for the past 15 months or so. I asked for a 'Dhamma-Name when I left the Anagarika Training on 09-01-2012 and received Cittasanto, which means 'one who has a peaceful mind/heart'. I am quite happy about it as one of my friends there who was the exact opposite of me had the reverse name Santamano :)

anyway I was at the monastery for nearly 2years in total, and would recommend the training for anyone, even if becoming a Bhikkhu isn't on the cards for you, it is certainly well worth it.

I decided to leave the training for a number of reasons, which I won't go into here in public other than to say I no longer found it as beneficial, as I had a month or so ago, and unlike some recent posts would indicate from others, I found at least some of the Monastics were, at least, Very good people, and personally wouldn't be surprised if they had attained the path to some degree, but they certainly didn't say so to myself and the only one I asked directly (in a particular context of conversation of why I done certain things for them even when it caused me difficulties) did deny any such attainment.

The Community there helped me in many ways and I am Very Grateful for the opportunity. :anjali:
Cittasanto

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:34 am

I think I've said it to you privately but its worth saying again - great name!
Great to have you here Cittasanto either as an anagarika or upasaka!
kind regards,

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia
e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Ytrog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:13 am

Great name :thumbsup:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.

mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments

If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ytrog

Postby Renlaenderin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Manapa,

I have seen you all over the forums already, but i felt saying hello officially can never be wrong :)

Very nice to meet you :group:

Ren
Renlaenderin

Postby Cittasanto » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes, well it is more todo with the change of name to Cittasanto than a introduction, but it has been some time since I was a regular so thought it wouldn't hurt
Cittasanto

Return to Introductions