Hello!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Sergiopernas

Hello!

Post by Sergiopernas »

Hello!
My name is Sergio,and I'm from Spain. I've been reading the forum for a while now, and now I've decided to try participating more, so I can grow my understanding.
I've been "reading" on buddhism for a couple of years, initially zen and tibetan texts and commentaries, but the more I deepened my readings, the more disconnected from them I felt. So I thought that to give my mind a fresh start I should go back to the beginning: reading the suttas, and starting a new practice from there. So here I am, I think this is the right place to look for support for this kind of endeavor, am I right?

So, to start, I'll ask some basic questions on the suttas, hopefully on the right forum ;)

See you
bodom

Re: Hello!

Post by bodom »

Welcome Sergiopernas!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Dharma_Bum

Post by Dharma_Bum »

Welcome :hello:

I once saw His Holiness the Dalai Lama speak and he stated, "In the beginning one should remain skeptical and rely on questioning. One can have trust and confidence in the teachings." Don't feel overwhelmed by reading everything all at once, take your time and actually take in the information you are reading. This forum is filled with friendly people here to help you when you need it. :namaste:
zavk

Post by zavk »

Hello and welcome.
With metta,
zavk
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Sergio,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."