[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Dhamma Wheel • View topic - G'day!

G'day!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

G'day!

Postby Dan74 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:33 pm

:hello:

I've been posting a bit and some would know me from our mother-forum, but for the others, I am Dan(iel) from Melbourne, Australia. I practice in the Korean Zen (Son) Buddhist tradition but my teacher likes referring to the Pali scriptures and making sure people know the fundamentals whatever tradition they come from.

I have respect for practitioners of all Buddhist traditions, especially the sincere and dedicated ones :bow: !

May we all attain liberation!

_/|\_
_/|\_
Dan74

Re: G'day!

Postby andrewuk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Welcome!

:group:
Meditate, don't be negligent, lest you may later regret it!
andrewuk

Postby Dhammanando » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Dan,

Welcome, and thanks for the introduction. :smile:

Best wishes,
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
    ...and this thought arose in the mind of the Blessed One:
    “Who lives without reverence lives miserably.”
    Uruvela Sutta, A.ii.20

It were endless to dispute upon everything that is disputable.
    — William Penn Some Fruits of Solitude,
Dhammanando

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:31 pm

nice to meet you!
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Rui Sousa » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Dan,

:hi:

May all beings be happy and free from unwholesomeness.
With Metta
Rui Sousa

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Greetings Dan,

Nice to see you here.

:hello:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi Dan! :toast:
Ngawang Drolma.

Return to Introductions