My posts need to be approved?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

My posts need to be approved?

Postby twelph » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:46 am

While trying to reply to a thread, I received this notification:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Is there an explanation as to why this is happening?
Sorry, I didn't know where else to ask this question.
twelph

Re: My posts need to be approved?

Postby Dan74 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:49 am

It was probably in Discovering Theravada section where posts need to be approved to keep it strictly relevant to the topic.

Guidelines for the Discovering Theravada forum

The purpose of the Discovering Theravada forum is to enable beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to learn more about the Theravada Buddhist tradition.

To support this purpose, responses made by members need to be manually approved by a moderator or administrator before being made visible.

When responding to questions in this section, please do your best to appropriately and accurately represent the Theravada tradition, keeping your posts free of:

- Personal opinion
- The perspectives of other religions or Buddhist traditions
- Derision of alternative views
- Irrelevancies and idle chatter

When it comes to questions seeking clarification on contentious issues we are looking for responses that are balanced and present alternative points of view objectively.

Moderators aim to assess posts within a maximum of 12 hours. If your post is not approved (in part or in whole) we will endeavour to explain why via PM.
_/|\_
Dan74

Postby twelph » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 am

Dan74 wrote:It was probably in Discovering Theravada section where posts need to be approved to keep it strictly relevant to the topic.

Guidelines for the Discovering Theravada forum

The purpose of the Discovering Theravada forum is to enable beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to learn more about the Theravada Buddhist tradition.

To support this purpose, responses made by members need to be manually approved by a moderator or administrator before being made visible.

When responding to questions in this section, please do your best to appropriately and accurately represent the Theravada tradition, keeping your posts free of:

- Personal opinion
- The perspectives of other religions or Buddhist traditions
- Derision of alternative views
- Irrelevancies and idle chatter

When it comes to questions seeking clarification on contentious issues we are looking for responses that are balanced and present alternative points of view objectively.

Moderators aim to assess posts within a maximum of 12 hours. If your post is not approved (in part or in whole) we will endeavour to explain why via PM.

Yep, that would be it. Thanks :)
twelph

Postby Ben » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 am

Hi Twelph

There are some forum-specific guidelines that operate in tandem with the TOS for those fora.
Here are the guidelines for the Discovering Theravada forum: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9992
kind regards,

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box