Meta Is Murder

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Meta Is Murder

Postby kc2dpt » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Read this. Immediately thought of here. And that other forum. Read it and be better chat-forum moderators as a result. :coffee:
- Peter

Be heedful and you will accomplish your goal.
kc2dpt

Re: Meta Is Murder

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Greeting Peter,

Thanks for the link... of benefit to all of us, given that members too are expected to self-moderate.

Meta-discussion isn't necessarily always bad in and of itself (in fact, that article was a productive form of meta-discussion, if you think about it) but it certainly can be a distraction from Dhamma discussion, and can become tiresome after a while.

If members think any particular discussion is becoming too "meta" (and thus, off-topic), feel free to make a report to the moderators and we'll investigate... possibly either splitting the meta-discussion off elsewhere, removing it completely, or simply by doing our best to get the discussion...

:focus:

Let us never forget to treat other members with respect - this is a vital aspect of online communications, particularly when the only media available to us are words and emoticons.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box