Adding a "Mark forums read" link

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Modus.Ponens

Adding a "Mark forums read" link

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Hello

Is it possible to add a "Mark forums read" link at the top of the section of "View new posts"?

Be well. :)
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Adding a "Mark forums read" link

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There's already one there, but on the forum index, not on each forum, so it's mark forums read not mark forum read.

Bookmark the link and put it on your bookmarks bar if you want to use it from anywhere.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Thank you, Bhante, for the bookmark tip. It's a solution. Not the optimal one, but better than my previous proceeding.

:anjali:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hi MP,

I appreciate that people read these Forums in various ways, but, depending on what you are trying to do, you may also find it useful to experiment with the "View new posts" and "View active topics" links on the home page.

Mike
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

mikenz66 wrote:Hi MP,

I appreciate that people read these Forums in various ways, but, depending on what you are trying to do, you may also find it useful to experiment with the "View new posts" and "View active topics" links on the home page.

Mike
Hello Mike

I think there's probably a misunderstanding. Not sure if from my part or from yours. What I mean is to add said link not above the link "View new posts". What I'm saying is to add the "Mark forum read" link inside the section which shows the new posts, at the top of it. This way people, like me, who read the forums through the "new posts" section, can just click once to mark forums read. Presently I have to go to the main page and then click on the link.

This is a typical first world problem, I realise that. :D Nevertheless, it would be nice.

Metta.