the requested user does not exist

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
alan

the requested user does not exist

Post by alan »

This is what I get when trying to pm. please help. how?
Cittasanto

Re: the requested user does not exist

Post by Cittasanto »

how are you trying to PM?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Who are you trying to PM?

The requested user may very well not exist, particularly if it is an emanation of a banned user who keeps trying to re-register under a multitude of usernames.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

We have one of those?

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Manapa,
Manapa wrote:We have one of those?
Yes, thankfully only one.

It's good that you've not noticed... it means we must be doing a decent job of keeping on top of the situation.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I have an idea whom it may be! but 1 in a 1000 isn't bad I guess

John Stuart Mill
Paññāsikhara

Post by Paññāsikhara »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Manapa,
Manapa wrote:We have one of those?
Yes, thankfully only one.

It's good that you've not noticed... it means we must be doing a decent job of keeping on top of the situation.

Metta,
Only one - that you know of!

It's always a tough job in the Admin / Mod team. Keep up the good work! :)
My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: Huifeng's Prajnacara Blog.
alan

Post by alan »

I was trying to pm Manapa, who was kind enough to offer an explanation of this process.
Is there a send button? nothing has worked so far. return and submit don't work.
thanks
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi Alan see my name on the left hand side of this post there is a PM button just bellow

John Stuart Mill