Spell Check

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Spell Check

Postby bodom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Would it be possible for mods to correct misspelling's in thread titles ie. mahyana better than therveda. If one wanted to perform a search looking for a certain topic the misspelling might make it more difficult to find. Mods could contact OP so as not too hurt feelings. Regardless if we all know what is meant I think it would help to make searches easier. Just a thought, feel free to shoot it down.

:anjali:
Last edited by bodom on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Re: Spell Check

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Greetings Bodom,

Yeah, we can fix the titles if they're spelled incorrectly. We sometimes do this now, but it's been on a bit of an ad-hoc basis.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Spell Check

Postby bodom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Bodom,

Yeah, we can fix the titles if they're spelled incorrectly. We sometimes do this now, but it's been on a bit of an ad-hoc basis.

Metta,
Retro. :)

Thank you Retro.

And Alaya7 if your reading this I did not mean to intentionally single out your thread. It just happened to be the most recent example. No hard feelings. :toast:

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Return to Suggestion box