Post editing

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Post editing

Postby Jason » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm

I kindly suggest that moderators stop editing posts so often. Let us read what people have to say.
"Sabbe dhamma nalam abhinivesaya" (AN 7.58).

leaves in the hand (Buddhist-related blog)
leaves in the forest (non-Buddhist related blog)
Jason

Re: Post editing

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Greetings Elohim,

Elohim wrote:I kindly suggest that moderators stop editing posts so often. Let us read what people have to say.

To the best of my knowledge, posts only get edited when people's posts do not adhere to the Terms Of Service... in which case, they shouldn't have said what they said in the first place. I often leave some indication of what the removed content was about for people such as yourself so you can follow the poster's message/logic, and for the poster so they can see specifically what they did that was unacceptable so that they can learn for next time.

Personally, I can't think of a fairer way to do it. If you think you have a better way, please let me know.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Jason » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Retro,

retrofuturist wrote:To the best of my knowledge, posts only get edited when people's posts do not adhere to the Terms Of Service... in which case, they shouldn't have said what they said in the first place. I often leave some indication of what the removed content was about for people such as yourself so you can follow the poster's message/logic, and for the poster so they can see specifically what they did that was unacceptable so that they can learn for next time.

Personally, I can't think of a fairer way to do it. If you think you have a better way, please let me know.

It has nothing to do with being fair, just less restrictive. I guess I'm just wary of too much moderation.

Jason
"Sabbe dhamma nalam abhinivesaya" (AN 7.58).

leaves in the hand (Buddhist-related blog)
leaves in the forest (non-Buddhist related blog)
Jason

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Greetings Jason,

Elohim wrote:I guess I'm just wary of too much moderation.

So are we.

Hence we're very transparent about what's done and why.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box