Dhamma Wheel/ZFI layout...

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
appicchato

Dhamma Wheel/ZFI layout...

Post by appicchato »

Just a personal observation...being highly impressed with the layout/graphics/colors at ZFI (having just gone there for the first time), I find myself thinking it would be a real improvement to acquire some of what they have (the tan background/green header being much easier on the eyes)...and seeing that both are part of the phpBB Group,it would seem not to be too difficult to arrange...

Not complaining mind you, just thinking out loud... :coffee:

Be well...
plwk

Re: Dhamma Wheel/ZFI layout...

Post by plwk »

Thank you Bhante for raising this :anjali:
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Supported.

If I may, here is another layout made by a member of ZFI and myself. Sadly, there is little traffic.

I love lotuses. Gee...

http://excoboard.com/Mystic_Lotus_Loung ... ophy_Forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Annapurna wrote:I love lotuses. Gee...
A lotus to you...

https://picasaweb.google.com/pramaprow/ ... directlink
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Aw....delightful!! :anjali:

Thank you!
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

May I object? I like the layout and colours here - it works very well on my phone
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I preffer the way it is here.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks for the suggestions. The responses here are exactly why the colors will stay the same . . . at least for now. After experimenting here and at Dharma Wheel, we have found that no matter what color scheme is used there will be approximately:

20 that absolutely love the colors
20 that absolutely hate the colors
3,000 that don't care

So, based on that we received some general ideas from the members at both forums and chose some colors that we felt were appropriate for Theravada here (more yellow and orange) and with a different scheme at Dharma Wheel (more maroon and gold) for the Mahayana. The color fades at the banner and the font style ties the two forums together since they are affiliated with each other. And of course the names and the Wheel !
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

As much as I aesthetically like the ZFI layout, the darker colours they use tend to have an unwanted psychological impact on participants. This was one of the common themes observed and commented on by members at Dharma Wheel when we, for an extended period of time, had rather dark colours prevailing. It was actually Nana (Geoff) who brought it to our attention that the colour scheme there was inappropriate, and feedback from others confirmed his intent.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."