tiltbillings and samvega

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
MoesTavern

tiltbillings and samvega

Post by MoesTavern »

Im following the discussion about the satipathana sutta in the study group forum. Many interesting comments are made by tiltbillings and samvega and now I wonder who you two are? I ve been trying to search you in the introduction forum but have not succeeded. Most of my browsing of the forum is through a cellphone that has a few shortcomings so pardon me if I ve missed something. Anyway, my question is this: what are your credentials? Humble students of the Dhamma - or some kind of official teacher role?
Metta metta
retrofuturist

Re: tiltbillings and samvega

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

:spy:

:D

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
tiltbillings

Re: tiltbillings and samvega

Post by tiltbillings »

MoesTavern wrote: what are your credentials? Humble students of the Dhamma - or some kind of official teacher role?
Definitely no a teacher; naught more than the humblest of student who has been at this for about over 40 years. And that thnak you for the kind words.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723