What music are you listening to right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
daverupa

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Post by daverupa »

Digging My Potato

harmonica blues

Urban Myth Club - Spacewalk

tinkling chillout
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
denise

Post by denise »

Paul Horn :meditate:
SDC

Post by SDC »

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

"We're all gonna die"
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
phil

Post by phil »

Impressed by the album N plants by Biosphere. He recorded it a month before the Japanese nuclear disaster. All the tracks are inspired by various Japanese nuclear plants. Seems he sussed out that they were at risk, great prescience, very good ambient though not his best.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... HqllMA-tBK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kammalakkhano , bhikkhave, bālo, kammalakkhano pandito, apadānasobhanī paññāti
(The fool is characterized by his/her actions/the wise one is characterized by his/her actions/Wisdom shines forth in behaviour.)
(AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta)
phil

Post by phil »

Amazing performance of Five Years by Bowie on BBC way back when. Feels like he's singing about Paris and the need to wake up and stop killing each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGChVAjWhWA&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kammalakkhano , bhikkhave, bālo, kammalakkhano pandito, apadānasobhanī paññāti
(The fool is characterized by his/her actions/the wise one is characterized by his/her actions/Wisdom shines forth in behaviour.)
(AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta)
denise

Post by denise »

Mumiy Troll (a band from Russia)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I'm currently going through the very extensive process of digitizing my CD collection... it has taken quite some time so far and I'm only up to the letter D (The Dandy Warhols, to be precise). It's lucky I'm quite patient.

Interestingly, the more time you spend converting music, the less time you have to listen to it. However, the Devin Townsend Project's Ziltoid Live At Royal Albert Hall set has been on high rotation on my iPod Shuffle...

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
samseva

Post by samseva »

I don't really listen to music, but the following song really wakes up something deep in yourself.

BlkMettaCat

Post by BlkMettaCat »

I just finished listening to Mixtape 48

http://www.rocket-shoes.com/the-mixtapes/
:buddha1:
sattva

Post by sattva »

http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
SDC

Post by SDC »

A later one from The Band, but still good.

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Bigger than Zeus shouting from the top of a mountain...

Metta,
Paul. :)
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

That was hilarious. Thanks.
sattva wrote:
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723