New World Record

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
forestmat

Re: New World Record

Post by forestmat »

Nathan

If you bought your iphone from a regular shop you can get a refund or exchange. (need receipt and must be within 14 days of purchase)

if you bought it at Pantip plaza, maybe not. (Caveat Emptor)

Yes you can buy a mobile for 1,000 Baht (Samsung or Nokia) brand new and out of the box...

I don't know why you spent 30,000 on a mobile in the first place. Seems like an awful lot of money for someone who wants to ordain.

Anyway, here is a link to the true website... http://www.truemove.com/iphone/eng/index.htm

They operate the iphone 100% legally, and not as you infer, from the back of a lorry

Sorry just trying to be helpful.

Metta

forestmat
Hartridge Buddhist Monastery, Devon, England
nathan

Post by nathan »

forestmat wrote:Nathan

If you bought your iphone from a regular shop you can get a refund or exchange. (need receipt and must be within 14 days of purchase)
Not in my experience.
MBK, what a crazy place, why do you guys need a thousand cell phone outlets in one mall?
Yes you can buy a mobile for 1,000 Baht (Samsung or Nokia) brand new and out of the box...
Well, I will see if I can.
I don't know why you spent 30,000 on a mobile in the first place. Seems like an awful lot of money for someone who wants to ordain. Not to worry, Bangkok has ruined me financially. Not to worry Thailand has nearly put me off of the idea of ordaining. I may do so in Canada or elsewhere.

Anyway, here is a link to the true website... http://www.truemove.com/iphone/eng/index.htm

They operate the iphone 100% legally, and not as you infer, from the back of a lorry

Sorry just trying to be helpful.
Thanks. That is enough help now.
Metta

To quote Bruce Cockburn again "More blessed to give than to receive, except when it comes to free advice I believe."
:anjali:
forestmat
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
forestmat

Post by forestmat »

Nathan
Not in my experience.
MBK, what a crazy place, why do you guys need a thousand cell phone outlets in one mall?
I don't know why you spent 30,000 on a mobile in the first place. Seems like an awful lot of money for someone who wants to ordain.
Not to worry, Bangkok has ruined me financially. Not to worry Thailand has nearly put me off of the idea of ordaining. I may do so in Canada or elsewhere.
Nathan, neither Bangkok nor Thailand has ruined you financially....but perhaps your desires have.

Your comments about Thailand 'nearly putting you off the idea of ordaining' are unnecessary.

The problem is you came here green. If you had taken the time to find out first, you would have gone to a decent, regular, bona fide shop.

So what if a Mall has lots of mobile shops, why should it worry you?

Metta

forestmat
Hartridge Buddhist Monastery, Devon, England
nathan

Post by nathan »

forestmat wrote:Nathan
Not in my experience.
Not to worry, Bangkok has ruined me financially. Not to worry Thailand has nearly put me off of the idea of ordaining. I may do so in Canada or elsewhere.
Nathan, neither Bangkok nor Thailand has ruined you financially....but perhaps your desires have.
That said, I officially renounce my participation in the internet forums for all time. So long, and all the best.
:anjali:
metta & upekkha
nathan

Your comments about Thailand 'nearly putting you off the idea of ordaining' are unnecessary.

The problem is you came here green. If you had taken the time to find out first, you would have gone to a decent, regular, bona fide shop.

So what if a Mall has lots of mobile shops, why should it worry you?

Metta

forestmat
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
Assaji

Post by Assaji »

Hello all,

It was nice to meet!

Nathan has kindly shared the photos of the meeting:
http://picasaweb.google.com/aavuso/Bangkok2009#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Below at the same page are photos from the conference http://icundv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which I attended afterwards.

See you,
Dmytro
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Dmytro,

I recognise bhante, but who's who in this one?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Assaji

Post by Assaji »

Greetings, Retro!

http://picasaweb.google.com/aavuso/Bang ... 1251436914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Left to right: Nathan, Bhante, Rob, me.

Metta, Dmytro
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Cool, thanks.

... and congratulations of the (still unsurpassed) world record!

:thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks Dmytro for sharing, it looked like quite an interesting series of events you attended.
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Beautiful pictures! It looks like Ajahn Brahm is giving his autograph in picture #40 (but I'm sure it's just an e-mail or something). :tongue: