Your Daily life/ experiences

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Your Daily life/ experiences

Postby Vlcimba » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 am

Just discuss anything special that you have encountered today? A plain story can go too ~:).

So i just found out that Clous atlas Is starring Tom Hanks . And have spent 3 hours on dhamma wheel today thats quite long for me :tongue:

You will just need to post about your life everyday, just keep it plain and simple :)
Form is emptiness. Emptiness is form--- Heart sutra
Vlcimba

Re: Your Daily life/ experiences

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 am

Greetings,

Vlcimba wrote:You will just need to post about your life everyday, just keep it plain and simple :)

:lol: If only it were...!

Today I had a great time with my son.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Vlcimba » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:36 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Vlcimba wrote:You will just need to post about your life everyday, just keep it plain and simple :)

:lol: If only it were...!

Metta,

Good for you :D if only life was that simple that you can just write about it in 1 sentence everyday ;) that would be great
Vlcimba

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am

I ate a spaghetti noodle.
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby yawares » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Ben wrote:I ate a spaghetti noodle.

Dear Ben,
I do love your sense of humor...what a coincidence! Tep/I ate spaghetti noodle with meatballs sauce too...we called it MAFIA FOOD, yummy yummo :thumbsup:
yawares
yawares

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 pm

yawares wrote:

Dear Ben,
I do love your sense of humor...what a coincidence! Tep/I ate spaghetti noodle with meatballs sauce too...we called it MAFIA FOOD, yummy yummo :thumbsup:
yawares

Thank you Yawares!
I love your posts too.
with metta,

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

Ben
Site Admin

Postby yawares » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Metta,

Dear Retro,
That was so very nice indeed :thumbsup:

But I, yawares, mailed Thai cookies(KRONG-KRANG..homemade)/DVDs to my daughter in VIVA LAS VEGAS: :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFw5a5Bp_Pw

Simple enough??
yawares
yawares

Postby Vlcimba » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 pm

yawares wrote:

Metta,

Dear Retro,
That was so very nice indeed :thumbsup:

But I, yawares, mailed Thai cookies(KRONG-KRANG..homemade)/DVDs to my daughter in VIVA LAS VEGAS: :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFw5a5Bp_Pw

Simple enough??
yawares
Yeah that's the way ~ :P

Made my day :)
Vlcimba

Postby yawares » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Vlcimba wrote:Just discuss anything special that you have encountered today? A plain story can go too ~:).

So i just found out that Clous atlas Is starring Tom Hanks . And have spent 3 hours on dhamma wheel today thats quite long for me :tongue:
You will just need to post about your life everyday, just keep it plain and simple :)

Dear Vlcimba,

I watched 'ANGELS and DEMONS' starring Tom Hanks and my favorite EWAN McGREGOR :

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/angels-an ... /trailers/

Very good movie*****not simple at all! :thumbsup:
yawares
yawares

Postby Vlcimba » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:23 pm

yawares wrote:
Vlcimba wrote:Just discuss anything special that you have encountered today? A plain story can go too ~:).

Dear Vlcimba,

I watched 'ANGELS and DEMONS' starring Tom Hanks and my favorite EWAN McGREGOR :

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/angels-an ... /trailers/

Very good movie*****not simple at all! :thumbsup:
yawares

Oh I have heard bout the movie ! Its a 2010 movie ? Hey simple doesn't mean it's short :P
Vlcimba

Postby Alobha » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Today is the last day i'm sitting the appartment of a friend of mine (taking care of the flowers mainly.) I told her i'll also get a baby-elephant to live in her appartement while she's on vacation (her favourite animal) and so that's what i did.
Made up a nice little story and put photocopies of this photomontage in an envelope. I bet she will enjoy that story very much tomorrow!

That's her appartement where the little elephant is standing. :D
Alobha

Postby yawares » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Alobha wrote:Today is the last day i'm sitting the appartment of a friend of mine (taking care of the flowers mainly.) I told her i'll also get a baby-elephant to live in her appartement while she's on vacation (her favourite animal) and so that's what i did.
Made up a nice little story and put photocopies of this photomontage in an envelope. I bet she will enjoy that story very much tomorrow!

That's her appartement where the little elephant is standing. :D

Dear Alobha,

:heart: Love love the baby elephant picture!!!.... :heart: Once I played with a baby elephant at our hotel in Hua-Hin, Thailand when Tep participated in the Engineering conference there...I got to feed the baby elephant with bananas for 5 days by the swimming pool near the beach. It belonged to the hotel kind of attraction for tourists(hotel guests)...they loved this baby..took photos/pat it/kissed it.....white people loved animals and they showed!!

yawares:thumbsup:
yawares

Postby yawares » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm

sorry...error!!
Last edited by yawares on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
yawares

Postby David N. Snyder » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:34 pm

It is Sunday morning here so here's something mundane and simple from Friday afternoon:

My wife and I were eating some fig fruits after lunch at our place of business. We gave some to our maintenance workers and they liked it. They said it was the first time they ever had fig-fruits. It was figs from a store, not from our fig tree at home. The tree at home is starting to produce some fruit, but the fruit doesn't look that great yet.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby LonesomeYogurt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:41 pm

I cut my belly with a box cutter. It was one of those folding ones that bend in half but the little tab to pull it open is super worn so I stupidly braced it against myself. When it popped open I got a nasty but not too gross slice across my side. Today is not starting well!
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
LonesomeYogurt

Postby Vlcimba » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:55 am

Had a drink of water .tasted so great . Best beverage in the world! :) :jumping:
Vlcimba

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 am

I looked in the refrigerator at the tomato sauce bottle.
Needless to say - it didn't look back.

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Ben
Site Admin

Postby Vlcimba » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 am

Ben wrote:I looked in the refrigerator at the tomato sauce bottle.

Cool. I just learned a new fact today . Tomato sauce bottles do not have eyes .:) thanks ben
Vlcimba

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am

Vlcimba wrote:
Ben wrote:I looked in the refrigerator at the tomato sauce bottle.

Cool. I just learned a new fact today . Tomato sauce bottles do not have eyes .:) thanks ben

I didn't say they don't have eyes...

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Ben
Site Admin

Postby Dan74 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 am

Not sure about tomato sauces with eyes, but I could tell you about my block of cheddar that grew ears...
_/|\_
Dan74

Next

Return to Lounge