Bloggin'

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
LonesomeYogurt
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Bloggin'

Postby LonesomeYogurt » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 am

Now that my plans for at least a somewhat longer stay have become solid, I've begun a blog so I can discuss the things I'm thinking about and exercise my writing in this prep period.

www.thisbodyisacorpse.wordpress.com

Feel free to follow along if you want!

Thanks for indulging my ego.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.

Hanzze

Re: Bloggin'

Postby Hanzze » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:44 am

For now I play video games and sit around.

Ahh, you cheater :tongue: "Feel free to follow along if you want!" or do you seach for a gamepartner?
Remember that you are going to get old, sick, and then die.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_

LonesomeYogurt

Postby LonesomeYogurt » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:38 am

A few more things posted, feedback always welcome.

Thanks bros.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.

Hanzze

Postby Hanzze » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Maybe you like to marl the Uninstructed Sutta into your texts a little as they seem to develop strong aversion against the body. It remembers a little on the morbid-post-modern-"Nirvana"-trend-young-intellectualiced-undergroundsangha. People, even no idea of Dhamma, like "Nirvana".

Anyway, great effort. :thumbsup:
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_

ellebrandon

Postby ellebrandon » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 pm

I was looking for a blog that I had once stumbled upon by mistake. It was called something like 'Dharm Blog' or something similar. It actually allowed multiple people to post. Or at least there were posts by various people. There was one post that I remember clearly. It said that everything that happens to us happens in our head. It has no importance on the physical/actual level. There was a picture of a group of smiling monks on the main page. I know my description is vague and this is probably the wrong thread to post in but I would be extremely helpful if anyone could tell me which blog this is. Thanks in advance.

polarbuddha101

Postby polarbuddha101 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:35 pm

When are you going to write something new? I read all your posts about a week ago or so, good writing.

:anjali:
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."

Return to “Lounge”