auto tune suttas!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

auto tune suttas!

Postby alan... » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:05 pm

i made this with some app on my phone, it's totally sweet. i said part of the satipatthana sutta into it and this is what it came out as.

http://khu.sh/songify_50c62de14a176&v2

EDIT: also, when you think about it, this is what the buddha would have sounded like according to that one weird sutta (digha nikaya 30) where they describe him as a fish man thing with cow eyes, webbed feet and hands, a tongue so long it can reach his ears, arms so long his hands easily reach below his knees when standing fully upright (yes that's weird, try it. lol), and finally it says he has a voice like a bird! so there you go, auto tune high pitched melodic voice = buddha!

how else could he have a voice like a bird other than being high pitched and melodic? surly hearing him talk was like a beautiful song. in truth i don't get this sutta at all, i'm kind of just joking around. there are many more suttas that imply he was a perfectly regular looking fellow than there are ones that say he looked like that. people got him confused with his monks and couldn't tell them apart. one guy was even having a conversation with him and it was just the two of them hanging out in a room and it took clues in the conversation for the guy to figure out it was him! i think if he was some bizarre, severely deformed fish/cow/bird thing everyone would have spotted him immediately, and many would have ran away screaming as that sounds like a yakkha more than a buddha! i once drew a sketch of him with all the "marks" and laughed for so long at how hilarious it looked.
Last edited by alan... on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
alan...

Re: auto tune suttas!

Postby alan... » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 pm

also here's one on youtube where someone atuotuned alan watts! very fun stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmz605GAnc
alan...

Return to Lounge