YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Enlightened... by HBO - Dhamma Wheel

Enlightened... by HBO

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
bazzaman

Enlightened... by HBO

Postby bazzaman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am

I really enjoyed the HBO television series "Enlightened". Not being a very well-educated, or literate, person, I wasn't able to say exactly what I liked about it. But it was unlike anything else on the tube, and I could relate to the whole mess. Now, after listening to this podcast interview with Laura Dern and Mike White, the producer/star and writer of the series, I have a bit of an idea why I'm fascinated by it.
It's basically about meditation/inner-development, and the attempt to bring positive change to ones messed up life.
Since inner struggle is not outwardly dramatic, this is a difficult theme to bring to the screen.( Much as I liked the Matrix, it basically came down to a lot of fight scenes.) So, if you liked this quirky series, you would probably enjoy listening to the interview:
http://n.pr/VtobRp

Return to “Lounge”