Skydiving Cats

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Skydiving Cats

Postby plwk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 am

It must be hard to make a splash when coming up with advertising for an insurance agency. The field is already crowded with such memorable figures as the Geico gecko, Flo from Progressive and Snoopy for Met Life. So how do you make sure potential customers sit up and take notice? You get a bunch of skydiving cats, set to an R.Kelly soundtrack. At least that’s what a Swedish insurance agency is hoping will happen. More here
Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Re: Skydiving Cats

Postby yawares » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:10 am

Dear Plwk,

:heart: Very cute cat! Well..it turned to be not real ..just an advertisement stunt...BUT I HAVE A REAL FLYING PYTHON NEWS :jumping: Passengers on a Qantas jet flying over Australia got a shock when they spotted a 12ft python clinging on to a wing at 30,000ft.

Please click: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 000ft.html

Strange news indeed!
yawares :thinking:
yawares

Postby yawares » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Dear Plwk/Members,

HOW ABOUT ....SKYDIVING FISH !!! True story!!

Fish fell from the sky!!

Residents stunned as hundreds of fish fall out of the sky over remote Australian desert town
[By Richard Shears,UPDATED:06:41 EST, 2 March 2010]

Residents of a small outback Australian town have been left speechless after fish began falling from the sky.Hundreds of spangled perch bombarded the 650 residents of Lajamanu, shocking local Christine Balmer, who was walking home when the strange 'weather' started.

She said: 'These fish fell in their hundreds and hundreds all over the place. The locals were running around everywhere picking them up.

Lajamanu resident Christine Balmer took this picture of some of the spangled perch she collected in a bucket after they fell out of the sky

The fish were all alive when they hit the ground so they would have been alive when they were up there flying around the sky.

'When I told my family, who live in another part of Australia, about the fish falling from the sky, they thought I'd lost the plot.

'But no, I haven't lost my marbles. All I can say is that I'm thankful that it didn't rain crocodiles!'

Meterologists say the incident was probably caused by a tornado. It is common for tornados to suck up water and fish from rivers and drop them hundreds of miles away.

-----------

A history of amazing 'rainfall'

There is a long history of strange objects raining from the sky, with these strange occurrences among the most notable:

1st Century: Pliny The Elder wrote about storms of frogs and fish, foreshadowing many modern incidents.

1794: French soldiers stationed in Lalain, near Lille, reported toads falling from the sky during heavy rain.

1857: Sugar crystals as big as quarter of an inch in diameter fell over the course of two days in Lake County, California.

1876: A woman in Kentucky reported meat flakes raining from the sky. Tests found the meat was venison.

1902: Dust whipped up in Illinois caused muddy rain to fall over many north-eastern U.S. states.

1940: A tornado in Russia brought a shower of coins from the 16th Century.

1969: Golf balls fell from the sky on Punta Gorda in Florida.

1976: In San Luis Opisbo in California, blackbirds and pigeons rained from the sky for two days.

2010: the blackbirds falling from the sky in Beebe, Arkansas, United States on December 31, 2010

Believe it or not?? :jumping:
yawares :jumping:
yawares

Postby plwk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 pm

:shock: :mrgreen:
Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Return to Lounge