Help! Missing files in Pendrive

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
barcsimalsi
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Help! Missing files in Pendrive

Postby barcsimalsi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 am

I have a 16Gb flashdrive which stores many files of audio talks which go missing(some with the whole folder) suddenly, some also became corrupted. But the disk capacity shows the files are still there.
There are some files which i took time to edit for the sake of more preferable volume and divisions with no back up so i'm not willing to format and redownload.

I have been trying to use many free recovery tools provided by google. The goodnews, it found and preview them. The bad news, it does not allow the files to be recovered without $$$$. :redherring:

You guys can call me cheap :tongue: ... i hope anyone here can address me if there's any real free recovery tools.

Cittasanto
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1

Re: Help! Missing files in Pendrive

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 am

some stuff disappeared for me once, they just turned back up some how, so hope that happens for you...
can not help though, but there maybe hope.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."

Bhikkhu Pesala

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 am

Were any of those talks about the suffering arising due to impermanence? :stirthepot:
AIM WebsitePāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)

appicchato
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1

Postby appicchato » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am

Good luck retrieving them...personally I don't pay for anything online...somewhere it can be found for free...just wanted to say that most likely whatever you lost can be downloaded again and then throw them into the cloud...Dropbox (dropbox.com (2 GB free)), or the like...Mega (mega.co.nz) just came out with 50 GB's for free...
:coffee:

barcsimalsi
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Postby barcsimalsi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 am

Cittasanto wrote:some stuff disappeared for me once, they just turned back up some how, so hope that happens for you...
can not help though, but there maybe hope.

Hope so. :twothumbsup:

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Were any of those talks about the suffering arising due to impermanence? :stirthepot:

Yes, big part of them. Letting go is certainly in the option, it's just the volitional reaction happened to choose faith.

appicchato wrote:Good luck retrieving them...personally I don't pay for anything online...somewhere it can be found for free...just wanted to say that most likely whatever you lost can be downloaded again and then throw them into the cloud...Dropbox (dropbox.com (2 GB free)), or the like...Mega (mega.co.nz) just came out with 50 GB's for free...
:coffee:

Thanks for that advice.

Return to “Lounge”