Advice forum

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
iforgotmyname

Advice forum

Post by iforgotmyname »

Hello,

I've been on these forums a few years back - I remember there was a specific forum where people asked for advice, general advice about their lives. Its no longer there, does that mean that kind of support is no longer given here?

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the wrong location - it was meant to go in the lounge.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Advice forum

Post by DNS »

I moved this topic to the lounge for you.

There was no forum specifically called "advice forum" however, there is a Personal Experience sub-forum where you can ask or post issues such as that. And the Personal Experience sub-forum is only viewable to those members who are logged-in, allowing some level of anonymity.
plwk

Post by plwk »

Few years back? Could that also mean to include a visit on the now defunct E-Sangha Forum that crashed around late 2009 if I recall correctly, where it had a 'Help Required' section (Facing some problems in your life? Our members are always ready to listen to you.)
iforgotmyname

Post by iforgotmyname »

Doc Snyder, thanks so much. I'll have a look at the personal experience forum.

plwk: Yes you're right that's the one! E-sangha. I think I got the two mixed up. I remember genkaku (or genakku) from there.

The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady - but then I stopped going there becasue that place was full of over the top dawkinists.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady
Thank you for those kind words, iforgotmyname !
but then I stopped going there becasue that place was full of over the top dawkinists.
Ah yes, I remember the Dawkins fans ! (Not one myself)

:D
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

Dawkins fans!? I must visit this haven of rationalist secular naughty-type buddhists immediately! :toast:
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
iforgotmyname

Post by iforgotmyname »

Aloka wrote:
The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady
Thank you for those kind words, iforgotmyname !
Oh you're welcome! :smile:
James the Giant wrote:Dawkins fans!? I must visit this haven of rationalist secular naughty-type buddhists immediately!
Ha ha, just don't turn into a Jeohva's Witnesses equivalent - oh how apt, a Dick Witness.