The Devotion of Matthieu Ricard

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
Kusala
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

The Devotion of Matthieu Ricard

Postby Kusala » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 am

Homage to the Buddha
Thus indeed, is that Blessed One: He is the Holy One, fully enlightened, endowed with clear vision and virtuous conduct, sublime, the Knower of the worlds, the incomparable leader of men to be tamed, the teacher of gods and men, enlightened and blessed.

Homage to the Teachings
The Dhamma of the Blessed One is perfectly expounded; to be seen here and now; not delayed in
time; inviting one to come and see; onward leading (to Nibbana); to be known by the wise, each for himself.

yawares

Re: The Devotion of Matthieu Ricard

Postby yawares » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Kusala wrote:Can't help but admire this monk...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGfIVEB ... r_embedded

Dear Kusala,

I truly love the beautiful sceneries of the holy Himalayas...homes of many many great ascetics/PaccekaBuddhas/Buddhas :anjali:

yawares :heart:

perkele

Re: The Devotion of Matthieu Ricard

Postby perkele » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Yes, he really helped me to believe that Buddhism is alive and can be lived today, with the fabulous books he wrote, and encouraged me to get a taste of it. Great man, great writer, great monk. Hope he's doing well and going to find enough seclusion from being a celebrity to meditate and find Nibbana or the Brahma heavens. The latter seem to be where he's at home already.
:meditate:
A truly admirable character.

Return to “Lounge”