and now for something comletely different

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

and now for something comletely different

Post by tiltbillings »

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Modus.Ponens

Re: and now for something comlete different

Post by Modus.Ponens »

:clap:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Sekha

Re: and now for something comletely different

Post by Sekha »

:thumbsup:
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
binocular

Post by binocular »

Brilliant!

The one who wiped off the snow off the brake lights especially caught my attention.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

Nice, but, I always feel so emotionally manipulated when they slather such videos with tearwelling orchestration.
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Viscid wrote:Nice, but, I always feel so emotionally manipulated when they slather such videos with tearwelling orchestration.
Of course. It is rather a nice bit of music.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Kare

Post by Kare »

Viscid wrote:Nice, but, I always feel so emotionally manipulated when they slather such videos with tearwelling orchestration.
The music is trash. Luckily, I can turn off the sound when I watch the video.
Mettāya,
Kåre
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Video was awesome but I couldn't watch all of it. :cry: I guess I am just a soppy git.
"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Kare wrote:
The music is trash. Luckily, I can turn off the sound when I watch the video.
It is not Vivaldi or Debussy or Vaughn Williams, but for what it is, a bit of soundtrack for a documentry on flamingos, it is rather good, but just for you, to clear you head of such trash:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My sister just posted this video on facebook yesterday. It is a rather nice one.

:anjali:
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."
felipe

Post by felipe »

Beatiful
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Really nice video.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks Tilt!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Anagarika

Post by Anagarika »

I sent this video to one of my Russian friends. Having spent time in Russia, it's good to see the true heart of Russians come out in this way. Russians can be mystifying when you are in public....my friends would smack me on the arm when I would smile in public, as smiling amongst strangers was seen as the behavior of a simpleton. It's not that Russians are not friendly, but that culturally, unlike some Americans, you don't go around gleefully smiling and spouting "have a nice day!" to everyone you encounter. Actually, if you have a Russian friend, you're likely to have a loyal friend for life who will treat you like family. You will drink with their family, and eat and laugh until you cry. An amazing, beautiful people and culture. It's good to see the generous heart of some Russians exposed this way in this video.

Since some of you didn't like the music with the video, I'll share one of my favorite songs:

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

In the same spirit of the video in the OP:

'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta