Predatory Proselytism: The Internet

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Predatory Proselytism: The Internet

Postby chownah » Mon May 06, 2013 2:42 am

That other predatory proselytism thread focuses on religious proselytism. It starts with a link to an article which talks about what are seen as negative effects of religious proselytism on the Hindu People of India....the effects being mostly loss of Hindu beliefs and loss of cultural elements.
I think if people would really like to discuss these types do negative effects then the discussion should focus on (or at least give some serious discussion to) the Internet which proselytizes for western culture in general and clinging to materiality blah blah blah blah....I could go on for hours but I think you get the idea.

Just one minor point....my iPad automatically capitalizes the "p" in iPad and the "I" in Internet.......the Internet complex deifying itself!!!!!!
chownah
chownah

Re: Predatory Proselytism: The Internet

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon May 06, 2013 3:01 am

chownah wrote:the Internet which proselytizes for western culture in general and clinging to materiality blah blah blah blah....

Just one minor point....my iPad

The irony!

:rofl:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Kim OHara » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 am

Hi, chownah,
You are absolutely right. Not just the internet, either, but the older mass media as well, especially TV and movies (Hollywood, of course).
I don't think there is any hope of stopping the process but we can maybe slow it down enough that people know Western culture long enough to see its faults *before* adopting all of it.

:namaste:
Kim
Kim OHara

Postby chownah » Mon May 06, 2013 5:05 am

David N. Snyder wrote:
chownah wrote:the Internet which proselytizes for western culture in general and clinging to materiality blah blah blah blah....

Just one minor point....my iPad

The irony!

:rofl:

Actually not mine.....it's my niece's......she loans it to me in an attempt to proselytize I think.....don't know for sure.......
chownah
chownah

Return to Lounge