Nail Polish Forum International

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Nail Polish Forum International

Postby plwk » Tue May 07, 2013 4:11 pm



:rofl:
Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:14 am

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby Dan74 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:05 am

This is a bit of an in-joke - Adam Tebbes, who runs the Sweeping Zen website is making a dig at Zen Forum International which moderated the discussion of Eido Shimano scandal and upset Adam, and generally has more of an hands-on moderation style than some (many?) like.

The folks who run it have contributed a lot of time and effort into the site and there is some good stuff that happens there, a few interesting teachers and practitioners, so I would not dismiss it as Nail Polish International. Moderation is always a hot issue and personally I am more of a hands-off kind of guy.
_/|\_
User avatar
Dan74
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby m0rl0ck » Wed May 08, 2013 2:48 am

:clap: pretty much nailed it :)
"When you meditate, don't send your mind outside. Don't fasten onto any knowledge at all. Whatever knowledge you've gained from books or teachers, don't bring it in to complicate things. Cut away all preoccupations, and then as you meditate let all your knowledge come from what's going on in the mind. When the mind is quiet, you'll know it for yourself. But you have to keep meditating a lot. When the time comes for things to develop, they'll develop on their own. Whatever you know, have it come from your own mind.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... eleft.html
User avatar
m0rl0ck
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby Kim OHara » Wed May 08, 2013 3:48 am

Dan74 wrote:This is a bit of an in-joke - Adam Tebbes, who runs the Sweeping Zen website is making a dig at Zen Forum International which moderated the discussion of Eido Shimano scandal and upset Adam, and generally has more of an hands-on moderation style than some (many?) like.

The folks who run it have contributed a lot of time and effort into the site and there is some good stuff that happens there, a few interesting teachers and practitioners, so I would not dismiss it as Nail Polish International. Moderation is always a hot issue and personally I am more of a hands-off kind of guy.

Thanks - saves me the trouble of watching the video.

:namaste:
Kim
User avatar
Kim OHara
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby James the Giant » Thu May 09, 2013 10:52 am

Were they the folks who caused a bit of a ruction at old E-sangha?
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
User avatar
James the Giant
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 am

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby Ben » Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 am

21075b4ebdeb5fa1651c2ed51ea2bba3.jpg
21075b4ebdeb5fa1651c2ed51ea2bba3.jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 368 times


So, there!
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725


Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
User avatar
Ben
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16154
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Land of the sleeping gods

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby tiltbillings » Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 am

James the Giant wrote:Were they the folks who caused a bit of a ruction at old E-sangha?
The disturbance was caused by the Vajrayana moderators attacking the Zennies.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
User avatar
tiltbillings
 
Posts: 19619
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby Dan74 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 am

There were several Zen teachers whose understanding of some doctrinal issues such as the permanence or impermanence of enlightenment ran contrary to what E-Sangha admin team wanted to maintain. There was a conflict, but this is a separate issue to the one above. One of these teachers had been active as a moderator at ZFI for some time, that's all.
_/|\_
User avatar
Dan74
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby plwk » Thu May 09, 2013 11:27 am

Ben wrote:So, there!

:lol:
Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:14 am

Re: Nail Polish Forum International

Postby James the Giant » Thu May 09, 2013 11:30 am

Ben wrote:
21075b4ebdeb5fa1651c2ed51ea2bba3.jpg


So, there!

That, sir, is very very good!
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
User avatar
James the Giant
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 am


Return to Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests