If only the world...

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
plwk

If only the world...

Post by plwk »

could be like this...such ahhh
Kim OHara

Re: If only the world...

Post by Kim OHara »

Sometimes it is.

:smile:
Kim
Ben

Post by Ben »

Now my cat doth loleth!
The cheeky boy gazumped my meditation cushion until I kicked him off.
And then he came back and somehow got in between my back and my shawl and slept there while I meditated.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
plwk

Post by plwk »

Ben Ben... Image
Ben

Post by Ben »

I really should. Maybe life would be a lot easier if I did.
Our Merlin is the terror of the neighbourhood
Even our dogs are under his thrall.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Actually i have been to parties that ended up like that. Everybody passed out all over each other on the floor.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
sattva

Post by sattva »

I watched several of the cat videos. Thanks for posting. You are all going to think I am crazy when I tell you this, but I just love my cat Sammy (actually, it's my niece's cat). He's always getting into trouble, but so entertaining. Then he has these times when he is so sweet. He wants to be petted, cuddled, and fall asleep in your arms. I use to be able to pick him up and rock him which he loved, but he is actually getting too big and heavy for me. Yesterday when I came home from an appointment, he came running to me as I sat down. He licked my nose a few times and curled up in my arms. This is when he looks so sweet! I often do metta while he sleeps. The words from the Metta Sutta comes to mind, "Even as a mother protects with her life, her child, her only child, so with a boundless heart one should cherish all living beings". I do have one son who is 38, but when Sammy curls up so trustingly and falls asleep in my arms, he is my baby. Since he isn't "human" it makes it easy for me to connect with the words " with a boundless heart one should cherish all living being". It helps me to extend metta to others. It softens my heart at the very beginning of metta practice. Thank you, Sammy!
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622