spell check?

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

spell check?

Postby andrewuk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi,

I have just started posting in this forum even though I joined a while ago..

Could anyone tell me if there is a spell check function in this forum and where can I find it? :smile:

I'm not that bright so please bear with me!

Thanks in advance.

Andrew :anjali:
Meditate, don't be negligent, lest you may later regret it!
andrewuk

Re: spell check?

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Andrew and nice to meet you here!

I don't think there is a spell check but depending on the explorer you use you can download add-ons and accessories which allow you to check the spelling
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby andrewuk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Hello Manapa,

Nice to see you here too! I visited your website and your story about your feline friend caught my eyes!

Thanks for the reply. I'm using firefox. I'm trying to see how and where I can add add-on..

Being a computer and technology illiterate, I'll probably ask a neighbour or a friend!

With metta,

Andrew
andrewuk

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 pm

I use to have firefox, it is called add on with that browser, I think if the look in the tool section you should find it
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:52 pm

andrewuk wrote:I'm using firefox.

Hi Andrew,

If you are using Firefox, it is automatic. Just type something incorrectly and you will see a squiggly line under the word. That means it is misspelled. Or it could mean it is a foreign language (such as Pali) which Firefox doesn't recognize.

edit: You can also edit the misspelled word with Firefox by right clicking on the word and seeing the suggestions offered by Firefox.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby andrewuk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Hello David and Manapa,

Thank you so much for your help.

In the end I figured out how to download the add on and it's working now.

Thanks again!

Andrew
andrewuk

Postby jcsuperstar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:55 pm

i asked for a spell check when this place first started...i'm still waiting... :coffee: :computerproblem:
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Return to Lounge