visiting temples and monasteries

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Postby Still Searching » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:17 am

I'm going to visit a Buddhist temple or monastery to help with my studies and practice and get better at meditation.

I live in Luton, Bedfordshire, which is closer? Hemel Hempstead or Letchworth? Both Hemel & Letchworth are in Hertfordshire.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
Still Searching

Postby GraemeR » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 am

Still Searching wrote:I'm going to visit a Buddhist temple or monastery to help with my studies and practice and get better at meditation.

I live in Luton, Bedfordshire, which is closer? Hemel Hempstead or Letchworth? Both Hemel & Letchworth are in Hertfordshire.

Certainly hen I lived in England Hemel Hempstead was a better Temple to visit, being more intended for lay people.

Graham
GraemeR

Re: visiting temples and monasteries

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 am

Still Searching wrote:I'm going to visit a Buddhist temple or monastery to help with my studies and practice and get better at meditation.

According to my route planner, Amaravati is about 10 miles, while Letchworth is about 11 miles.

Try the AA online route planner to get more details of the routes.
AIM WebsitePāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Postby Aloka » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 am

Travel details for Amaravati monastery can be found here....

http://www.amaravati.org/about_us/getting_here/

Aloka

Postby Still Searching » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Thank you everyone.
I'll visit the one in Hemel.
Thank you for your responses. :smile:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
Still Searching

Return to Lounge