Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance and Wi

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Modus.Ponens

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by Modus.Ponens »

tiltbillings wrote: The supposedly offending statement -- Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate. -- is pretty much to the point.
I didn't take offense at all in that statement. It is directed at the intractable numbskulls I refered to previously, not left wing people like me.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Modus.Ponens wrote:
tiltbillings wrote: The supposedly offending statement -- Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate. -- is pretty much to the point.
I didn't take offense at all in that statement. It is directed at the intractable numbskulls I refered to previously, not left wing people like me.
And what needs to be understood, it is not directed at the right wing in general.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

Presidents are not elected, they are selected! FDR

No hater here, but I must say most of our president's are just sock puppets. The ones that will not tow the line get shot.

A significant majority of Barack Obama's campaign funding came from Business Roundtable members... Fox News is owned by Roundtable member Rupert Murdoch, and Fox relies heavily on advertising money from Roundtable members. Rupurt Murdoch even supported Obama over John McCain... So here you have an excellent divide-and-conquer psychological operation. Fox News declares Obama the enemy, and Obama declares Fox the enemy, yet the Economic Elite remain in the shadows, behind the scenes, untouched and continuing their plunder. David Degraw AmpedStatus, 2010, p52

This has been happening every since we have built cities…there are cycles, kinda reminds me of farming, taxes and war farming.
Form is like a glob of foam; feeling, a bubble; perception, a mirage; fabrications, a banana tree; consciousness, a magic trick this has been taught by the Kinsman of the Sun. Phena Sutta: Foam
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

greenthumb wrote:
A significant majority of Barack Obama's campaign funding came from Business Roundtable members...
And behind them is the Illuminati, and behind them are the Freemasons, and behind them are the Knights Templar, and . . . .
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

greenthumb wrote: I wear a tinfoil hat and see black helicopters following me
Yep. Your previous msg was off-topic.

greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

You are right….bad habit I will delete, @Tilt thank you!
Form is like a glob of foam; feeling, a bubble; perception, a mirage; fabrications, a banana tree; consciousness, a magic trick this has been taught by the Kinsman of the Sun. Phena Sutta: Foam
Ben

Post by Ben »

And with that , I think it's time to give this topic a rest.
Kind regards,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..