Happy birthday SamKR and BlackBird!!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Happy birthday SamKR and BlackBird!!

Postby cooran » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Have a great Birthday Sam and BlackBird!!! :group:

with metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Re: Happy birthday SamKR and BlackBird!!

Postby Modus.Ponens » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Happy Birthday, BlackBird!! Happy Birthday, Sam!!

:smile:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Happy Birthday ! !
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Happy birthday guys!

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 am

Jack and Sam,

Happy rebirth day!
May there be cake!
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby BlackBird » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 am

Cheers guys. It's been a great day. Got my copy of AN & a new copy of DN for my birthday and thus completes my collection, so time to get down to the business end of some sutta reading and meditation before the days through. Really happy to have provided Mum with the chance to make some valuble punnya too giving her son the Blessed One's word.

Godspeed to Nibbana guys and will catch you around again sometime I'm sure :)

metta
Jack
"And so, because this Teaching is so different from what Westerners are accustomed to, they will try to adapt the Teaching to their own framework. What they need to learn to do is not to adapt the Teaching to their own point of view but to adapt their own point of view to the Teaching. This is called saddhá, or faith, and it means giving oneself to the Teaching even if the Teaching is contrary to one’s own preconceived notions of the way things are."- Ven Bodhesako

Nanavira Thera's teachings - An existential approach to the Dhamma | Ven. Bodhesako's essay on anicca
BlackBird

Postby Reductor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Happy belated birthday wishes, boys.

And Jack, that's a handsome set of books: you've a good mum.

:anjali:
Michael

The thoughts I've expressed in the above post are carefully considered and offered in good faith.

And friendliness towards the world is happiness for him who is forbearing with living beings. -- Ud. 2:1
To his own ruin the fool gains knowledge, for it cleaves his head and destroys his innate goodness. -- Dhp 72

Reductor

Postby SamKR » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Thank you, everyone! :)

And, Happy birthday BlackBird!

SamKR

Postby bodom » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:44 am

Happy Birthday guys!

The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Return to Lounge