Happy birthday Unrul3r!!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Happy birthday Unrul3r!!

Postby cooran » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Hope you have a great day, Unrul3R! Best wishes! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Re: Happy birthday Unrul3r!!

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:28 pm

Happy Birthday!!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Khalil Bodhi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Happy birthday!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

Uposatha Observance Club:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148031379279&v=info
Kiva-Theravada Buddhists:http://www.kiva.org/team/theravada_buddhists
Dana on the Interwebs:
http://greatergood.com
http://freerice.com
Khalil Bodhi

Postby bodom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Modus.Ponens » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Happy Birthday! :smile:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby Unrul3r » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Oh! I've never been here in the Lounge section. And the first time I pop in, I see a happy birthday thread! :twothumbsup:

Thank you all!

:namaste:
Unrul3r

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:02 pm

I must be honest: I didn't exactly remember who Unruler was. Now that I remember, Parabéns! Muitas felicidades. :smile:

Weren't you planning on ordaining? How is that going?
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby Unrul3r » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Modus.Ponens wrote:I must be honest: I didn't exactly remember who Unruler was. Now that I remember, Parabéns! Muitas felicidades. :smile:

Weren't you planning on ordaining? How is that going?

Obrigado! :D

The intention is still there, I've been wanting to ordain here in Portugal in the new monastery and I visited them for 2 weeks in January but they haven't been prepared to ordain yet. I also visited Amaravati for a month and Harnham for 2 weeks to see if they would be suitable but haven't found them so, but the visits were great to get to know a bit more about this tradition and daily living in a monastery.

Right now, the monastery here in Portugal has changed place and is more settled, they've also expressed that "nothing is impossible" in regards to ordaining but they are still getting some things settled, so I will be going there next week for a month and we'll see how things go.

What about you? Have any monastic aspirations? Or something of similar kind?

Best wishes!
Unrul3r

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:00 am

Cool. :)

It would be great to have another portuguese bhikkhu. I really hope you can make it. :) If you make it, announce it here on DW, please.

As for me, I have anagarika aspirations. But not monastic aspirations. If my father gets sick, I will probably take care of him. I wouldn't want to lie at my hypothetical ordination ceremony, saying it's for life, when I knew it wouldn't be. It's not the whole story, but the rest is not suitable to discuss in a public forum.

Anyway, happy birthday, "carago"! :P :)
Modus.Ponens

Postby Unrul3r » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Modus.Ponens wrote:Cool. :)

It would be great to have another portuguese bhikkhu. I really hope you can make it. :) If you make it, announce it here on DW, please.

Ok. If it happens, I will try to remember to post it.

Modus.Ponens wrote:As for me, I have anagarika aspirations. But not monastic aspirations. If my father gets sick, I will probably take care of him. I wouldn't want to lie at my hypothetical ordination ceremony, saying it's for life, when I knew it wouldn't be. It's not the whole story, but the rest is not suitable to discuss in a public forum.

I see. I hope you'll be able to fulfill them and that your father doesn't get sick.

Modus.Ponens wrote:Anyway, happy birthday, "carago"! :P :)

Obrigado! :twothumbsup:
Unrul3r

Return to Lounge