get the word out

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

get the word out

Postby chg2winter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:20 pm

I am the admin of a small group in Columbus, OH called Open Sangha http://opensangha.columbusinsightcenter.org/

What would you suggest to help get the word out about our group? There are many Buddhist sites but no central information space.

Thanks,
Dan
chg2winter

Re: get the word out

Postby Aloka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm not sure how things are done in the USA -but here in the UK I'd put information about the group on notice boards such as in local libraries and shops . I'd also put an ad about it in the local newspaper.

:anjali:
Aloka

Postby Aloka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:23 pm

You could also send the information about your group to Buddhanet, so that they include you in their World Buddhist Directory seach facility.

http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/region.php?region_id=1

Aloka

Postby Mkoll » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Aloka's advice is great and keep doing what you're doing! All sorts of forums out there to spread the word.

Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby Kim OHara » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Aloka wrote:I'm not sure how things are done in the USA -but here in the UK I'd put information about the group on notice boards such as in local libraries and shops . I'd also put an ad about it in the local newspaper.

You might also find magazines and websites which are targeted at "New Age" spirituality/mysticism/paganism/self-help. Some of them may make you :rolleye: but the people who may be interested in what you do are probably amongst their readers.

:namaste:
Kim
Kim OHara

Return to Lounge