get the word out

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
chg2winter

get the word out

Postby chg2winter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:20 pm

I am the admin of a small group in Columbus, OH called Open Sangha http://opensangha.columbusinsightcenter.org/

What would you suggest to help get the word out about our group? There are many Buddhist sites but no central information space.

Thanks,
Dan

Aloka

Re: get the word out

Postby Aloka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm not sure how things are done in the USA -but here in the UK I'd put information about the group on notice boards such as in local libraries and shops . I'd also put an ad about it in the local newspaper.

:anjali:

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:23 pm

You could also send the information about your group to Buddhanet, so that they include you in their World Buddhist Directory seach facility.

http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/region.php?region_id=1

Mkoll

Postby Mkoll » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Aloka's advice is great and keep doing what you're doing! All sorts of forums out there to spread the word.

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammāsambuddhassa

Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi

Katamañca, bhikkhave, nāmarūpaṃ? Vedanā, saññā, cetanā, phasso, manasikāro: idaṃ vuccati nāmaṃ. Cattāro ca mahābhūtā, catunnañca mahābhūtānaṃ upādāyarūpaṃ: Idaṃ vuccati rūpaṃ. Iti idañca nāmaṃ, idañca rūpaṃ: idaṃ vuccati, bhikkhave, nāma-rūpaṃ.

Kim OHara

Postby Kim OHara » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Aloka wrote:I'm not sure how things are done in the USA -but here in the UK I'd put information about the group on notice boards such as in local libraries and shops . I'd also put an ad about it in the local newspaper.

You might also find magazines and websites which are targeted at "New Age" spirituality/mysticism/paganism/self-help. Some of them may make you :rolleye: but the people who may be interested in what you do are probably amongst their readers.

:namaste:
Kim

Return to “Lounge”