Best free software to convert PDF into Epub... formats

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Best free software to convert PDF into Epub... formats

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:07 pm

anyone know what is the best free PDF to Epub/mobi... converter?
Currently my partner is transcribing things for me to format... with the aim of converting it into a epub... book. I can convert to PDF simply enough but not other formats.

any tips on formatting so that the end result is nice and crisp in the Epub... also appreciated.

Thank-you in advance
Cittasanto
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Re: Best free software to convert PDF into Epub... formats

Postby Mkoll » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:57 pm

I haven't used its conversion features but calibre is an excellent piece of free software. They claim it's a "one stop solution to all your e-book needs" and I have to say that I agree! :thumbsup:

http://calibre-ebook.com/
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Re: Best free software to convert PDF into Epub... formats

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:00 am

I don't think you would ever get the best results by converting a PDF file, though I also use the excellent Calibre as a viewer for e-books.

PagePlus X6 is not free, but it's very inexpensive. It produces good quality PDF files too. I don't have much experience of e-book publishing, but I added a couple to my site, using PagePlus.

An Introduction to Buddhism
AIM WebsitePāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Return to Lounge