[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Dhamma Wheel • View topic - Ayya Dipa (1955-2014)

Ayya Dipa (1955-2014)

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Ayya Dipa (1955-2014)

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:15 am

Dhamma Wheel member and bhikkhuni, Ayya Dipa passed away on July 18, 2014. I heard from another member here and was waiting for a link to post before making this announcement. She was a nun at Mahapajapati Monastery in Southern California. I had the pleasure of meeting her and (abbess) Ayya Gunasiri a few years ago.

http://www.dhammadharini.net/dhammadhar ... es-july-22
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dhammadh ... 2334340869
http://www.mahapajapati.com/

:candle: :candle: :candle:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Ayya Dipa (1955-2014)

Postby JeffR » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 am

So sad. I didn't get the chance to meet her, although came close a couple times. A friend of mine spoke highly of her.
JeffR

Postby Mkoll » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 am

:candle:
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby sattva » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 am

I did not know her, but I applaud her efforts and commitment to the Dharma and hope that if not nibbana, her efforts propel into the most favorable conditions for it :buddha1: .
sattva

Postby Kusala » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:53 am

Homage to the Buddha
Thus indeed, is that Blessed One: He is the Holy One, fully enlightened, endowed with clear vision and virtuous conduct, sublime, the Knower of the worlds, the incomparable leader of men to be tamed, the teacher of gods and men, enlightened and blessed.

Homage to the Teachings
The Dhamma of the Blessed One is perfectly expounded; to be seen here and now; not delayed in
time; inviting one to come and see; onward leading (to Nibbana); to be known by the wise, each for himself.
Kusala

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:45 am

My merits I dedicate to Venerable Dipa. May she be liberated.
:candle:
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia
e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Lounge