I would just like to tell you all...

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

I would just like to tell you all...

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:34 am

...What? if you have an announcement to make, something you'd like to share (not necessarily Buddhist or even connected to your practice) let everyone know the news! Share snippets of useful/useless information, and get something off your chest. Bring things down to earth, or elevate them skywards.... Tell everyone what you'd like to share, whatever it may be! Let folks in on your life, and get feedback on random stuff.....Not to do with practice, necessarily, but just to gather opinions and replies!

I'm Starting an educational course in September, and I hope to gain a new qualification, with maybe new and interesting avenues opening up to me. You're never too old to learn!Back to the old School-yard for me! :reading: :clap:
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
TheNoBSBuddhist

Re: I would just like to tell you all...

Postby Sam Vara » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Good luck, NoBSB!

What is the new course?
Sam Vara

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:27 pm

I plan to become the person who tells restaurants and food outlets that their kitchen is a disgrace, and I will close them down immediately! :stirthepot:

:jumping:

OCHS NEBOSH course - the first stage of becoming a Health & Safety Advisor.

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby Spiny Norman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 pm

I was sure I'd spotted a porpoise a couple of days back, but it turned out to be a piece of wood....humph! The dukkha of watching wild life, I suppose. :jumping:
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Spiny Norman

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Some friends of mine went twitching a few weeks ago, and set up a hide in a wood. They spent 4 hours watching a plastic bag in a tree, thinking it was a Snowy Owl....

TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby Mkoll » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 pm

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:Some friends of mine went twitching a few weeks ago, and set up a hide in a wood. They spent 4 hours watching a plastic bag in a tree, thinking it was a Snowy Owl....

What's "twitching"?
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm so sorry. it's Bird-watching. Of a sort.

You may find this both informative and amusing....

TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby SDC » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:I plan to become the person who tells restaurants and food outlets that their kitchen is a disgrace, and I will close them down immediately! :stirthepot:

The No BS Health Inspector?
SDC

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Why change the habit of a lifetime? "And where do you think YOU'RE going with all that chicken??"

I already have my 'Level 2 Food Safety in Catering' certificate.

So I'm legally qualified to poison people.... :jumping:

TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby Mkoll » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 pm

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:I'm so sorry. it's Bird-watching. Of a sort.

You may find this both informative and amusing....

Coincidentally, I was having a conversation about "twitchers" not 5 days ago, though we didn't use that word. :thinking:
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

what word did you use...? (careful; it's before the watershed in some places.... :D )

TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby TheNoBSBuddhist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Bear in mind this thread is for everyone's use (see first post) it's not just about 'me'.... :popcorn:

TheNoBSBuddhist

Postby Mkoll » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:42 pm

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:what word did you use...? (careful; it's before the watershed in some places.... :D )

I think we referred to them as bird-watchers. Of a certain type of course. :shrug:
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby lyndon taylor » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Australia has a lot of bird watchers, especially on the beaches!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community that has so generously given me so much, sincerely former monk John
lyndon taylor

Postby sattva » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:20 am

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:I plan to become the person who tells restaurants and food outlets that their kitchen is a disgrace, and I will close them down immediately! :stirthepot:

I worked at a restaurant for I'd have to count for sure, but I think it was 7 or 8 years. The highest compliment you will be able to give the restaurant is what happened with us. She would do her inspection and give a report. Then she would leave. Take the paperwork to the car and come back and order something to go or pies for Thanksgiving, etc.!
sattva

Postby sattva » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 am

I got an email from an old e-sangha member who is a monk in the Gelug lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. It was good to know he is alive and well after years of wondering what had happened to him.
Last edited by sattva on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
sattva

Postby robdog » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:47 am

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:...What? if you have an announcement to make, something you'd like to share (not necessarily Buddhist or even connected to your practice) let everyone know the news! Share snippets of useful/useless information, and get something off your chest. Bring things down to earth, or elevate them skywards.... Tell everyone what you'd like to share, whatever it may be! Let folks in on your life, and get feedback on random stuff.....Not to do with practice, necessarily, but just to gather opinions and replies!

I'm Starting an educational course in September, and I hope to gain a new qualification, with maybe new and interesting avenues opening up to me. You're never too old to learn!Back to the old School-yard for me! :reading: :clap:

Good luck with your course :)
robdog

Postby Spiny Norman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 am

lyndon taylor wrote:Australia has a lot of bird watchers, especially on the beaches!!

There is a nudist beach quite near to where I do my porpoise and seal watching...I don't know what to do with my binoculars sometimes.. :jumping:
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Spiny Norman

Postby Kim OHara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:56 am

Spiny Norman wrote:
lyndon taylor wrote:Australia has a lot of bird watchers, especially on the beaches!!

There is a nudist beach quite near to where I do my porpoise and seal watching...I don't know what to do with my binoculars sometimes.. :jumping:

Sometimes you look on porpoise and sometimes you don't, of course.

:toilet:
Kim
Kim OHara

Postby Kim OHara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:59 am

More seriously ... I would like to commend ZenPencils cartoons for those who don't know them.
Most of the strips illustrate inspirational quotes of one kind or another, not necessarily (not usually, in fact) Buddhist in spite of the name.
Check it out here: http://zenpencils.com/blog/blogupdates/the-10-most-popular-zen-pencils-comics-of-2013/

Kim
Kim OHara

Next

Return to Lounge