The Fun Theory

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

The Fun Theory

Postby pink_trike » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Re: The Fun Theory

Postby David N. Snyder » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks for posting that! Stairclimbing is my sport/fitness routine:

http://www.stairclimbingsport.com/
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Mawkish1983 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

I can't see the OP on my phone (I'll check it later from the PC), but on the subject of sports involving stairs, my friend and I invented two at school that REALLY get you fit.

The first we called the 'Dizzy Stair Game'. You had to race each other down the stairs but there was a catch: one person had to turn 90 degrees clockwise on each step and the other had to turn 90 degrees anticlockwise. Only one foot was allowed to touch each step, and remember it's a race! I nearly broke my neck once playing that :)

The second we called 'Horizontal Stair Walking'. This was a one person game in which the aim was to climb up or down the stairs with your body as horizontal as possible, and you weren't allowed to touch the top surface of the steps. Using the banisers you had to try to hold your own weight as you climbed up (whilst facing up, this was hard because you needed a lot of strength to pull yourself up) or down (hard because you had to face down).

Then there was the famous 'How many steps can we jump down at once' game, but I think that's a really common game in all schools.

Was this off-topic? Sorry
Mawkish1983

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Mawkish1983 wrote:Was this off-topic? Sorry

No, not at all.

Another fun one is to go up the 'down' escalator. For the first few times, it is easy, but then you start to get worn out, depending on your fitness level. But of course, you can't do that, if it is occupied or busy. The best time for that is at an indoor mall well before the stores open when no one is using the escalators yet.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby pink_trike » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Taking each stair one at a time, full stop both feet, note, then next step, is good mental exercise. Be prepared to answer questions.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Return to Lounge