Buddhism Without Boundries

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Buddhism Without Boundries

Postby clw_uk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Does anyone know what has happened to the site? I got a message saying its closed

metta
Open your mind and see, open your mind and rise. Shine the light of wisdom and see, don't wait till the end of time.
clw_uk

Re: Buddhism Without Boundries

Postby pink_trike » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 pm

The admins didn't have time to keep up with it, from what I understand.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Postby jonno » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi , according to the e-mail I got, the administrater found he didn't have enough time to run the site. Also he currently has health problems and decided that life came first. I wish him good health. Jonno
jonno

Re: Buddhism Without Boundaries

Postby Groucho » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Buddhism Without Boundaries is back online again :clap: ( with an updated Code of Conduct)

We especially welcome Theravada practitioners. Pop in to see us and have a chat sometime !
Groucho

Postby Aloka » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:11 pm

I can confirm that this group is definately active at the moment .

http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries.co ... on=whatnew
Aloka

Postby cooran » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

From their forum rules:

This website is dedicated to the long life of HH 14th Dalai Lama and HH 17th Karmapa Urgyen Trinley Dorje. Members are asked to avoid posting discussions or media items concerning controversial practices, traditions and disputes within Vajrayana Buddhism.

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby Aloka » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:05 pm

You'll also find something about contentious issues and practices within Vajrayana in the terms of service at Dharma Wheel Chris.

Squabbles about these issues can start getting nasty and dominating a forum all the time,(did you ever see BuddhaChat? ) and members from other traditions get totally fed up with it.
Aloka

Postby LauraJ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:43 am

I feel that the TOS at Buddhism Without Boundaries were well-considered and written thoughtfully.
The staff there does a good job. These issues are complex and frankly, I doubt this is the right setting to get into layers of issues that do exist within the Vajrayana tradition at the moment.

Just my two cents...

:anjali:
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
LauraJ

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:00 am

Greetings Chris,

Chris wrote:This website is dedicated to the long life of HH 14th Dalai Lama and HH 17th Karmapa Urgyen Trinley Dorje. Members are asked to avoid posting discussions or media items concerning controversial practices, traditions and disputes within Vajrayana Buddhism.

I assume this is pointed out on account of the possible incongruence regarding the title of the site, Buddhism Without Boundaries?

I also assume that just like some other sites have done over the years, they have decreed that these so-called "cults" (e.g. NKT) are considered to fall outside the scope of "Buddhism" and are thus classified as unsuitable "adhamma".

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby PeterB » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:59 am

Another question worth asking, has "Buddhism Without Boundaries" for their own reasons, banned the Aro gTer ? Or Flaming Jewel Sangha. ?
PeterB

Postby Aloka » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 am

Nobody is being told they're 'banned' from joining BWB if you read what it actually says !
Aloka

Postby LauraJ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Clearly the discussions are directed, most likely to reduce sectarian bickering and flaming and whatnot, but any people are welcome to read and engage in an appropriate manner. The well-known bickering is a huge distraction from trying to discuss the dharma in a productive manner. It can very easily take over otherwise fine discussions. It's wise to let people know up front what to expect and it's a private website. People who don't like the tos have so many options these days, and it's not a ban on people anyhow.

:anjali:
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
LauraJ

Return to Lounge