Looking for Video resources for Sunday School

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Looking for Video resources for Sunday School

Postby pilgrim » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:44 am

I'm looking for video documentaries that I can show my sunday school teens. I have Mindful Way, The Buddha Comes to Sussex and a couple others. Are there any recommendations? Secular videos like The Story of Stuff would also be helpful.
pilgrim

Re: Looking for Video resources for Sunday School

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:27 pm

http://manapa.multiply.com/video/item/5 ... _of_Buddha

I have a few others posted on my blog site, they are all from youtube bun no Idea of the links to them there
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Laurens » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 pm

There is a really good documentary about the life of the Buddha on youtube (just search for 'the life of the buddha') I think it is a decent educational documentary, not strictly Theravadin though.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Carl Sagan
Laurens

Postby BlackBird » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:34 pm

"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta
BlackBird

Return to Lounge