Just aim and shoot...

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Just aim and shoot...

Postby pink_trike » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:24 am

Does anyone know anything about the game application called Raw Shooter?

I'm not interested in playing it but I may want to write about it. I can't access it with a Mac to check it out.

The ad they are running on Facebook shows what appears to be a fallen human being as seen through the cross sites of a gun. The text reads "No story, no tactics, no costs. Just aim and shoot. Addicting."
Attachments
raw_shooter.jpg
raw_shooter.jpg (35.72 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Re: Just aim and shoot...

Postby BlackBird » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 am

Hi Jeff

I found a blog post on this advertisement.

http://www.nathanlustig.com/2009/12/10/ ... personnel/

metta
Jack
"And so, because this Teaching is so different from what Westerners are accustomed to, they will try to adapt the Teaching to their own framework. What they need to learn to do is not to adapt the Teaching to their own point of view but to adapt their own point of view to the Teaching. This is called saddhá, or faith, and it means giving oneself to the Teaching even if the Teaching is contrary to one’s own preconceived notions of the way things are."- Ven Bodhesako

Nanavira Thera's teachings - An existential approach to the Dhamma | Ven. Bodhesako's essay on anicca
BlackBird

Return to Lounge